Waking up to Reality And A Slit Me Tattoo

Lola's P.O.V

Gardina was still out of it and I couldn't help but feel like this was entirely my fault, If I had of just realized that alcohol was also a part of her recovery process this never would've happened. So much has been happening this past few days though it's still hard to process it all, not to mention the fact I think Mr. Mathers may be keeping some really big secrets from her, which isn't ideal in her over all health and well being. Yet it also really wasn't my place to inform her of my own suspicions, if Marshall has something he needs to tell her I will leave that to him.

I let out a sigh as I sipped on my coffee I had gotten earlier while I was sitting outside her room trying to think of the best approach to her sobriety after she's released from the hospital.

That is if she wakes up.

My thought were interrupted by someone sitting down next to me, I turned to see it was Micah handing me a cookie.

"Their was extras in the break room." He said as I accepted the cookie with a small smile.

"Is she doing any better?" I asked.

"About the same..she should've woken up by now." He sighed.

"You okay?" I asked noticing he seemed more stressed out than earlier.

"Performing the restart on her heart without authorization was illegal and I just got a friendly reminder of that from the board." He scoffed. "It doesn't help my case that she hasn't woken up yet either." He sighed.

"If you hadn't of done it, she would've went into cardiac arrest and died." I reminded him watching him nod his head in confirmation.

"Yes, but the hospital board see's things a bit differently." He frowned.

-Flash Back-

"Emerson, this is your 3rd error this frickin month, first you administrate extra dosages of medication to that patient with the fractured spinal cord, then you perform a surgical procedure without the all clear, now your over here restarting hearts like frickin cupid, the hell Emerson!?" His boss yelled.

"Sir, I understand your frustration but she would've died otherwise!" Micah defended.

"You perform CPR, or defibrillation until your able to reach a hospital for an all clear!" He spat his voice booming through the board room as the other members sat in silence.

"So you would've preferred her slip into a possible cardiac arrest and died?" He shot back.

"YOU ARE A DOCTOR, NOT A  DAMN SURGEON!" He yelled.

"Normally I would've been able to administrate that drug no problem!" He fired back.

"Yes, but you are under strict probation for the prior 2 incidents you are LIMITED to what you are and aren't allowed to do and that wasn't part of it, what if you had of administrated to much? Then you would've really killed her, And she's still not awake yet! Patients are supposed to wake up directly after the drug is administered, tell my why she's still unconscious!?" He yelled his face turning redder the more his anger grew.

"I don't know!" He defended.

"Exactly." He scoffed sitting down at the head chair a scowl placed on his weary and tired face.

A silence filled the room as the other board members just stared at Micah their faces all displaying one of disapproval. Micah shook his head and turned to leave but not before his boss got the last word in.

"You are too emotionally unstable to be working here." His icy tone cut through the room like a knife.

Micah turned, "Excuse me?"