Last Call

But I, I'd rather fightThan lose sleep at nightAt least you're all mineAnd if I have to chooseMy heart or youI'm gonna lose, yeah
What if nothing ever will change?Oh I'm caught between your love and a hard placeOh I wish there was a right wayI'm caught between your love and a hard place

~ H.E.R - Hard Place

Micah's P.O.V

I had just left Gardina's room after checking on her when a familiar presence stood before me. I sighed not wanting to hear the lecture I was about to receive but from the way he was looking I didn't have a choice.

"Micah, who the hell allowed you back in this hospital." He said, pure anger written all over his face.

"Mr. Coleman, I talked with the chief of the hospital, and she approved of me being her at least for now until the hospital staff is back on its feet." I explained watching his face turn red from anger.

"We all agreed you wouldn't step foot in this hospital until your head was screwed on right." He bitterly said, furious that the chief would just go over his head in the matter.

"I guarantee you sir, my head is well screwed on, one of my patients is dangerously ill, and she is running out of time, if someone doesn't come forth with a kidney." I explained the situation.

"Well in that case, I guess I better let you go." Coleman said, "But our discussion isn't over." He said staring me down as he walked passed me down the hall.

I sighed rubbing my eyes, pure exhaustion was in casing me, besides checking on Dina I had also been assigned 4 other patients all dealing with erratic breathing due to hyperventilation, I guess those thieves had spooked a lot of staff members and more and more were falling ill of a full on panic attack.

Convincing them they were fine and safe was quite the challenge and more exhausting than you could imagine.

I was about to head to another one of my patients before I felt a light tapping on my shoulder.

I turned around and was met with a woman looking at me conflicted.

"Yes?" I asked the woman wondering what was circling her mind.

"Gardina  Holton, have you found her another kidney donor?" She asked quickly.

"Are you family?" I asked my eye brows furrowing in curiosity.

"I'm her daughter." She said monotone.

"Oh, i'm sorry, um, unfortunately no..I've just finished administering her on more dialysis but her kidneys are still failing at a diminishing rate, i'd say she has 6-7 hours left at the most..I'm sorry." I said frowning feeling sorry for this woman. She was about to lose her mother and there was nothing he could do without a kidney donor.

She sighed, "Okay i'll do it." 

"Do what?" I said eyeing her in confusion.

"I'll give her my kidney." She said.

"You have her blood type?" I asked surprised there was anyone with such a rare blood type.

"O-, I guess that makes me a universal blood donor or something.." She said clearing it up.