Marshall Mathers

Gardina's P.O.V

Gardina Age: 24

Marshall Age: 20

I went down stairs to grab a drink of water since I was having a hard time sleeping.

I was finally down stairs when I noticed that Marshall was lying on the couch with note paper all around him.

"Hey." I said catching his attention.

"Hey." He said tiredly. "What time is it?" He asked.

"5 A.M." I said.

"Tell me your joking." He said eyes wide.

"Nope." I said, "Have you been up the entire night?" I asked picking up one of the pages and reading some of the lyrics on it.

"I guess, Proof said I could stay by, Me and Kim been fighting and I needed somewhere to crash." He explained.

I scoffed, "You've been crashing here for years, do you really need to explain anymore?" I asked.

"Guess not." He shrugged, yawning a bit as he spoke.

I proceeded to go to the kitchen and grab my water as I came back out I nearly crashed into him as I began to fall backwards his arms wrapped around my waist catching me and pulling me directly into his bare chest, it was then I noticed he was only in some sweat pants.

"Sorry, I didn't see you." He explained.

His arms were warm as well as the rest of him, my face was so close to his chest I could hear his rapid heart beat and I couldn't help but wonder if I had caused that.

"Your heart is beating fast." I responded in a whisper.

"Is it?" He asked in a whispered tone of his own.

"Yeah are you nervous?" I asked.

Marshall's P.O.V

"Yeah are you nervous?" She asked catching me off guard.

My heart was indeed beating fast, I could feel it clearly, she was so close to me and I had no idea what to do.

Until something in the back of my mind said, "Move away from her idiot, you have a girlfriend."

And so I released her and she pulled away from me looking up at me curiously.

"Marshall..do you love Kim?" She asked me suddenly making me tongue tied for the second time that night.

"Yeah..why?" I asked feeling my heart beat quicken again.

"I don't know..I was just curious." She sighed holding her head a bit.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Just a headache, I'm going back to bed." She yawned.

"Alright night." I said waving awkwardly up at her as she went back up stairs, I sighed in relief as I plopped down on the couch, trying to make my beating heart calm down. She wasn't even in the room any more and It was still beating out of control. Which is ridiculous, I'm not in love with her, i'm in love with Kim.

Wasn't I?

"Man you still up?" Another voice said scaring the living day lights out of me.

"Damn, Proof you scared me man." I groaned.

"Sorry, Hey was Gardina just down here?" He asked shoving my legs off the couch for he could sit down.

I stuck him the finger which he ignored and continued to stare at me in anticipation.