Rumor has it

-A couple days later-

"So how is Claira doing, baby?" My mother asked on the other side of the phone as I was busy flipping through the channels on the Tv.

"She's fantastic." I lied once again, deciding to leave the station on Jeopardy.

Truth was Claira was barely even talking to me besides too eat or tell me something important, otherwise she just stayed up in her room on her phone or doing homework. She was obviously mad at me, and I tried everything to get her to talk to me, and forgive me, but she wasn't having it.

God she was so hard headed, but honestly I believe she got that from me.

"Oh really, so I assume if I asked her she'd say the same thing?" My mother questioned trying her best to find something wrong, I mean why was it so hard for people to believe that I could be a good mother when I wasn't shooting up drugs and sniffing up coke?

"Yep, but you can't cause she's upstairs doing homework and she's studying really hard for this test tomorrow." Lying was literally becoming a second hand nature to me, which I wasn't sure if I was impressed with or sort of disappointed in myself for.

"Hmph, well I'll be calling back soon, I gotta help Aunt Maple inside the tub for her bath, remember no drugs in front of Claira." My mother warned.

"Got it." I said.

Hey she said no drugs in front of Claira..and I was going to fulfill that accommodation by simply getting lit while she was sleep. 

"Bye Gardina, give Claira a kiss for me." She said.

"Will do, by mom." I said hanging up and tossing my phone at the end of the couch as I began watching some Jeopardy.

I was about 5 minutes into Jeopardy when all of a sudden I heard someone knocking on the door, I groaned slowly getting up and walking my way to the door.

This better not be Mrs. Byrd, I can only handle so much of her crap.

I opened the door about to flash one of my million dollar smiles when I immediately froze realizing that this definitely wasn't Mrs. Byrd, unless Mrs. Byrd turned into Lanelle Williams.

"So you really are out of prison." Was the first thing that came out of my mouth after not seeing this man in God know's how long.

"Yup got out a good 6 years ago, same time you went in right?" He asked his hands in his pockets as he shot me a playful smirk.

"Why are you here Lanelle?" I asked trying not to look at how insanely hot this man had turned. Which was hard because he was in nothing but a black tank that showed off all his muscles, some cargo shorts, a fresh pair of Jordan's, along with a bandanna around his forehead, he had grown a partial beard, wore his hair low cut with a single diamond stud in his left ear, his eyes were still that pretty shade of bluish green which meshed so well with his tanned brown skin.

In short words, this man was every girl's dream.

And he was standing on my front porch.

"Rumor has it I got a daughter." He questioned folding his arms as he stood up against the porch's gate.

Of course the streets always had to talk.

"Well that might be true, but even if it was you ain't meeting her." I said crossing my arms to match his stance.

"Come on Dina, you can't seriously be mad about me heading to prison, it was that stupid Karmel's fault, bastard sold me out." He cursed. "Plus you ain't innocent either, rumor has it you went to jail for having drugs on you and for pulling a gun and pistol whipping a dude for 40 bucks, how sad it that?" He reminded.