Epilogue (Gardina Says)

A:N Sorry this is so late y'all, but here's the final chappie! Hope you enjoy!

Also i'm including songs into this chappie, so I suggest you listen to it, to get a better over all view of the story. Thanks.

My name is Gardina Holton and i'm an addict.

It's funny, a few months ago I would've never admitted that, but times have changed, I've changed, and it's been a very long road.

"Are you coming down for the photo?" Mom asked me as I turned my gaze away from the lake view in front of me.

"Yeah give me a second?" I turned and gave her a small smile, she returned it and nodded, I looked back out on the lake and breathed in the air

"Yeah give me a second?" I turned and gave her a small smile, she returned it and nodded, I looked back out on the lake and breathed in the air. It had been such a long journey to get here, but I had finally made it. As you had probably noticed I had survived my kidney transplant surgery, and I wasn't on the brink of death any more.

I still remember the pure shock I had when I woke up from the surgery and Marshall explained to me  that Zuriel had actually gave me her kidney. I thought she despised me, but it would seem my near death some how strengthened our relationship.

We began talking more and more and she even visited me a lot more while I was continuing my detox at Marshall's place still.

Which brings me to my next revelation, I am now officially 3 months sober. And trust me when I said it took every ounce of will power in me not to go dig some coke out from a local speak easy that was more than hush hush in Detroit.

Detoxing all over again was like hell on earth. But I've had so many people helping me through it, I had Marshall, Lola, Zuriel, Royce and even Lanelle.

Yes, Lanelle had also lived, and too say I was relieved was an understatement. As soon as I heard he had pulled through. I introduced Zuriel to him.

At first things were kind of shaky, but it turned out they had hit it off pretty well.

Things were shaping out so well that Lanelle even agreed to help pay for Zuriel's wedding that they had to reschedule due to Zuriel recovering from her more than generous donation to me.

I might've ruined my daughter's wedding, but this time around I actually got to help her re plan. We picked out a different venue, new food and activities and in Zuriel's opinion it might've been better than the old one which only she planned.

Everything was falling into place and I could honestly say I was happier then I had been in a very very long time.

Marshall had really been my rock through this entire situation and I couldn't be more grateful to him. Our relationship had even progressed over these 3 months, I mean we were still not entirely dating, but it's awfully clear there's something there. Though I hadn't really thought to take it there, at least not yet. My sole focus was my sobriety but now since i'm 3 months in, I've been constantly pondering on rather I should just take that leap?