A Christmas Wish

I don't know how love could do this to me
I've waited and waited for someone I never see
But I'm so sentimental and I'm so hopeful you'll be here
So here I am every year, every Christmas
(yeah)

"Alright Marshall you can do this." He said in the mirror for about the thirteenth time that day.

He looked in the mirror and faced himself and practiced over and over what he was going to say to her. This was his very first crush and he couldn't help but feel frustrated, he had no idea how to handle this, no brother, no father figure to help him figure this out. All he had was what the streets told him. And they weren't exactly the great guidelines to growing up.

But if there's one thing he understood clear as a bell, was he was crushing on her, hard.

"Marshall, hurry up out the bathroom and get to school!" His mama yelled from outside the bathroom door.

"Alright i'm coming!" He said sighing brushing his hair one last time and opening the door quickly catching his mom who was standing right by the door off guard.

"What are you dressed up for?" She asked taking notice of her sons formal type clothing and his hair looking a bit neater than usual.

"Nothing." He said as he grabbed his book bag and went out the door before she could say anything else.

I've wished for you in my heart and in my head
And I got my answer that first moment that we met
And, oh yes, I believed you as you told me, as you said
You'd be here every year, every Christmas

-After School-

"Okay Marshall just go up to her, hand her the Christmas gift and just say it..." He coursed himself as he began the walk over to her house.

He had no idea how this was going to go but he figured it was worth a shot, this was the season for Christmas miracles and he was just praying he'd receive one.

There must be a lesson for me to learn
If you don't trust in love, you'll get nothing in return
Why should I be lonely? Don't tell me it's fine
I have my pride, but I'd rather be with you tonight  

He had just arrived at the house when he saw that Proof was sitting on the porch bouncing to something that was playing in his Walkman head phones.

"Yo Marshall what up, and the hell is you wearing man, you going to church or something?" He asked looking his friend up and down.

"Nah, I just felt like dressing up." He shrugged, "What you bouncing too?" He asked his long time friend.

"New guy, Named LL Cool J, he pretty dope, everyone in the hood rockin this joint." He said.

"Really man." Marshall said, surprised he hadn't heard of this guy sooner, "He a rapper?" He asked.

"Yup." He responded.

"I gotta listen." he said.

"Same, I've been trying to catch his songs on the radio, I still ain't found an album yet, everyone bought em up down at the hip hop shop." He frowned.

"Damn he must be good." Marshall said his eyes widening, things didn't sell out that fast unless it was really poppin.

"Yeah, now about that outfit, who you dressed up for, you crushin on someone?" He asked looking over his friends outfit.

"It's nothing man." Marshall assured.

"Uh huh, Oh I bet you getting all did up for that Kim chick right, New girl at school?" He asked.

Marshall rolled his eyes, "I'm going in the kitchen for a drink, you want something?" Marshall asked moving passed him up the porch.

"Man it's my house, shouldn't I be asking you that?" Proof laughed shaking his head.