Dinner Dates and Accelerated Heart rates

The next day I was awoken again my a knocking on my door and I wanted nothing more than to take a bat to whoever it was out there disturbing my sleep. A woman can't use drugs, can't see her kids, and now can't sleep. This world was cruel.

"Uhgg come in!" I groaned putting the pillow over my head as I continued to lay flat on my stomach hoping whoever was out there would just go away and leave me to my misery.

"Gardina, I heard what happened last night." Marshall said entering the room.

"Which part?" I asked dryly.

"There was more than one part?" Marshall questioned.

Oops..always putting my foot in my mouth.

"Nope, just one." I lied raising up from the bed and facing Marshall who was in some work out clothes.

"Kim shouldn't have said that to you, I apologize for her, sometimes she has her moments." He sighed sitting on the corner of the bed.

"Whatever it's fine." I yawned honestly already over the whole thing, I mean she wasn't wrong, I was literally high all the time.

You know that Tove lo song? Yeah it must've been designed directly after me.

"Gardina-"

"It's fine, now enough about me, how was partying with Snoop Dogg and every other celebrity in Hollywood?" I wondered.

"Same old same old, nothing too interesting." He shrugged.

"Uh huh, I feel like your lying." I laughed watching him roll his eyes.

"Nah, really I did all my partying in my earlier years, this was nothing but for publicity." He explained.

"Well your no fun." I sighed.

"Yeah but i'm still alive." He countered.

I didn't say anything because I already new what he was hinting at, but I still wasn't sure how I felt about giving up all the fun stuff like partying, hooking up with guys, all the while not having to feel guilty because I know with just one hit I wouldn't remember it the next day anyway.

Can't regret something you don't remember.

"Anyway how's your withdrawals been?" He asked suddenly, I could feel his eyes doing a once over on my body which normally I wouldn't have minded by guys but I knew this wasn't for any reason besides my health which made me feel all the more anxious.

"Well i'm throwing up less." I shrugged.

"That's good, any depression lately?" He asked really well focused on me making my skin crawl and my heart rate accelerate.

Why was I so nervous?

"No." I quickly touted.

"Alright, any anxiety?" He asked gently.

"Nope, I'm good so far." I lied just wanting all these questions to stop for I could go back to sleep or at least have some time to myself so I could shake those vivid nightmares of the night before that still stained my mind like mustard on white carpet.

"I think your lying." He frowned.

"I'm not." I insisted.

"Gardina, you know you can trust me right, that's why i'm your sponsor we've got to talk about how we're feeling." He said.

"I told you i'm good, how are you?" I asked shifting the question back onto him watching as lips thinned in the form of a straight line, and his hands clasped together in a thoughtful like way as he just stared at me.