Thanksgiving Special

"Dina please come down stairs and help me cook, we've got a lot of family coming over and I ain't about to be slaving in this kitchen and taking care of lil Claira all day with no help." Aretha yelled tired of watching her lay in bed all day watching re runs of Family Matters and countless movies.

"Can't Zuriel help you?" She sighed.

"She already is, such a shame your daughter has more work ethic than you, and Febreeze this room it smells like Snoop Dogg was having a party in here." She huffed slamming the door behind her.

Gardina rolled her eyes and got up slipping on her slippers and slowly walking down the hall towards the stairs. On the way she passed Proof's room and sighed knowing this would be her second thanksgiving without him, she couldn't believe it had been 2 years since his passing, and she also couldn't believe all that had happened within those 2 years.

She had gotten pregnant again, had no idea who the baby daddy was, managed too get a job only to be fired for getting caught smoking, and she had spent the majority of her time watching Claira and Zuriel while her mom was at work.

She never realized how hard it was raising kids, when there was absolutely no one to help her.

Or more like..When there was no one there to do it for her.

These past 2 years had admittedly been pretty lonely to her, she really didn't have that many friends who weren't her get high buddies, and the ladies at the beauty salon only talked with her when she was getting her wild hair tamed.

Besides that, she had no friends.

And the ones she did have were too busy being celebrities and touring the world.

She wasn't surprised Marshall and his friends were busy, they were probably the best rap group ever, but she hadn't heard too much from D12 these past 2 years..Matter of fact she hadn't heard from Marshall too much either, she heard experienced some type of over dose and was in the hospital, but she never did see him, she instead heard everything about him from the local news that claimed he was in rehab..

She made her way down stairs and saw Claira sitting on the floor watching some children's cartoons, laughing at something she saw funny.

Gardina smiled and walked into the kitchen seeing her mom and Zuriel plucking greens.

"Hey mama." Zuriel greeted.

"Hey, what you and grandma up too?" She asked taking in the smells of Turkey cooking in the oven.

"Plucking collards." Zuriel said.

"Gardina if you can start making the Mash potato's i'd greatly appreciate it." Aretha said.

"Alright." Gardina went to the sack of potato's on the table and took out a few and started peeling them and placing them in a bowl of cold water for they wouldn't turn brown.

"Who's coming by?" Gardina asked while peeling.

"Your aunt and your cousins, and a few neighbors." She said.

"Okay." Gardina nodded while steadily peeling the skin off the potato's.

They were in the kitchen for many hours getting the meal prepared and it near done when she heard the bell ring.

"Oh that must be your aunt, Dina go answer the door will you?" Aretha said, stirring her greens around.

Dina sighed heading over to the door not ready to see all of her family members, all they did was judge her for having 2 daughters out of wedlock and not even knowing who one of the fathers are.