Chap 2

I raised my head to find a huge palace like mansionette in front, a sight for sore eyes, indeed !! It was engraved on to the left Ahluwalia’s Mansion. And I remember my Mr husband name is Siddharth Ahluwalia. OMG!! So this is where he lives.

The large building was painted in cream and grey and they were few steps to reach the main door of the house. Although such light colours they were, still the palace is dark and classic beauty I thought.

I tried to focus when I saw him climbing the stairs and reaching towards the gate. I kept my head low and walked carefully not to trip over one's own two feet having this saree draped on.

He rang the bell and it took few minutes for a lady in her mid 20s to open the door. She had apron tied to herself and she took another two minutes to digest my attire and me finally. Then she turned towards the man beside me, gave a smile and let us both in.

“She is Payal ” he said to the lady

“She is Sandhya, she take cares of cooking, gardening and maintaining this house” he informed,facing towards me.

I managed to nod and look at the lady and I guess she had known by this time that I’m married to her boss. Not that my husband has not said it to her but my attire is enough to speak aloud I thought.       

I took a note of my surroundings, we were standing in centre of hall, I can say a big hall. There was a complete sofa set arranged on the right side and I could see dining area onto my left. There were many rooms on either sides of the hall. I thought it had enough space to accommodate the homeless in the locality atleast or they left homeless because this man has to secure large space for his own mansion.

His voice bought me back from my thoughts, he said to walk along and I did so. We climbed some twenty stairs, staircase run at the edge in the middle of the hall. On reaching the top step, we moved to the left and he led me into the room.

It was pitch dark ,I felt uneasy as I don’t like such darkness. He turned on the lights and the room there was really beautiful. There was a large antique mirror facing us, I found both of us staring at the mirror image of each other,like looking directly at the other couldn’t be dared at the moment.

He was wearing a lite orange shirt and black formal trousers and black jacket on to the shirt, perfect for any official meeting I thought. Its not that he wasn’t handsome, but the wedding look in those clothes, hard to get even a hint. And I took a note of myself complete opposite to what is called formal. My saree had all bright colours and my neck circled with gold jewellery, ears with large ear studs, hands covered by two dozen bangles each. I felt bad looking how we were poles apart. A disgust sigh escaped my mouth.    

“Did you say something” he erupted

I nodded in ‘NO’, did he hear any of them? Anyway how did it matter, I was sure he might be thinking no different about me.

He excused himself telling he’ll back in some time and allowed me to use the room till then.

Hi all!!
How you all are doing??

The above image is the house that Payal is all amused of!!!
Lets see whats next…