Chap 11

Siddharth POV

When I reached home in the evening, I saw bowls at the dining table and plates neatly placed like always.I went upstairs into the room to hand her the dress, but no sign of her in the room. I placed the box on the bed and started to look for her. I went to the left edge of the corridor and saw the terrace door was open, she might be up there. So I started climbing a few steps and I saw her coming so I stopped. She had an almost empty bottle of coke in her hand and her hairs fallen all over face in a messy way. It was Kaira, she looked so beautiful and my eyes got a reason to stick to her face.

"You are back from office?" she asked suddenly, bringing me back to the present. It was Payal, I was fool to think of Kaira in her place. This girl could never be my Kaira.

She shivered for a moment and I saw past through her shoulder that she might be standing there long. I remember Kaira and I used to spent my evenings on the terrace with warm embrace in each other's arms. Oh!! how badly I miss you Kaira.
I offered my coat looking at her clothes which were not so thick to stop the cool breeze from touching her skin beneath.

When I took her to the room and asked her to open the wrap and accept the saree, she dared to pick up a fight with me over its Price. I can tell with the look on her face, she liked the dress but she acted as she doesn't.

On a final word, she held the box close to her and started moving towards the cupboard, Kaira's Cupboard. I instantly reached her side and removed the box from the closet and warned her not to touch it again.

Kaira might have died but her memories and her image are always with me and it will remain forever, in my room, in this house and in my heart.

She raised her tone when I reacted to her act and I thought to deal her in her way.. But then my phone rang and it was from her home, I went out to take the call and I answered the call, it was her mother

"Namaste!! Beta(son),I didn't want to disturb you but Rahul insisted to talk to Payal once." I heard a knocking sound and she excused herself and disconnected the call. Strange.

I went back to the room to tell Payal about the call, but I saw her deeply drifted into some thoughts. She looked sad and weak.

"what did you do all day?" - I asked, no response. "Have you eaten anything?" - Again no response. This time I raised my voice and asked "Hello!! I'm asking you something?"
She suddenly looked at me confused and answered to my question with a no fullstop and she would have continued with it, If I have not cut off in the middle and asked her to join for food downstairs.

I started placing food on the plates and started to fill the glass with water when she walked straight to the TV and switched it on instead of joining me on the dining area. She was playing with the remote, she hardly seemed to have any interest in the shows on TV.

I took a plate, placed all the food items in it and sat beside her. Upon moving the plate on to her lap she quickly shifted the plate back into my hands. I don't care if she eats or not but then I was answerable to her mom if something goes wrong and I really didn't like confrontations.
Gathering all the patience, I said sorry for being rude (though I didn't mean it completely) expecting her to eat and end her drama for today but she was not done yet. Now I got enough of her, she can't play tantrums on me, I turned her to face me by her shoulder, to which her eyes shrinked. I went closer to her and about to raise the spoon full of rice towards her when she grabbed plate from my hold and settled herself on the dinning table and began munching. She had emptied her plate and went for an another round, I felt contended that atleast my efforts didn't go waste.

I finished my share of food and I walked towards TV, changed the channel to stop by at some news being telecasted. Though I was watching the TV, my mind was much towards Payal. I was observing her from corner of my eye.

She moved towards me and stood infront of me blocking my view. I raised my head and made an impression of - what's wrong?. She again took up a fight with me but to her surprise I lowered my tone and declared she cannot continue with her job. I decided to complete my leftover work and as I began to move upstairs, out of sudden she started yelling with nonstop words, that I couldn't decide anything for her. I know she didn't had a choice except to accept what I say.

Mr Sinha's work was almost done and Raghavendra group need to submit their requirement sheet and the others are already sort..... I was completing the work and I felt a sharp pain in my back. I looked at the time and it was half past eleven. I closed my laptop and went downstairs to check upon her. There was some colourful Bollywood movie playing on the TV screen and She was sleeping uncomfortably with her legs close to her bosom. She really looked calm, innocent like a child. It was freezing outside and her posture was loud to tell that.

I carefully lifted her in my arms and carried slowly to the room. Her breath fanned through my chest and my heart skipped a beat. At that moment she seemed no less than a baby, her weight was so lite, no match to her anger..😅😅

I placed her on the bed with ease and tried to get away from her but couldn't, she held my shirt in her fist. I reached for her wrist and released it from my shirt. I covered her with a thick blanket and then I went back to the other side of the bed and in no time I slipped into a tight sleep.

Hi guys!!
Do vote and comment .. I ll be waiting..😃😋🙃😳