Chap 35

Siddharth POV

I really didn't want to leave Payal there,but I couldn't do much.So I and Manav walked out of the house.
I asked Manav to drive. I closed my eyes and was resting my head.

"You already miss her, don't you?" Manav spoke

"Shutup and drive, Manav" I said trying to escape and yes, mere absence of her sickens me.

"I was casually asking by looking at your blush face" again he poked. I gave him a serious glare.

"Ok, fine. You are real boring" he said and the drive was back to quiet.

"You are looking for internship, why you didn't talk to me about that?" This time I started

"There's not much to tell. I thought once I get it.."

"Tomorrow there's an interview at office, relating to finance fields. I want you to attend and give it a try"

"Thanks bhai. But I don't want it that easy. I have already submitted my CV at few places and I'm waiting to hear from them.

"Good to know that you are trying. Let me tell you that, I never said, I'm giving you an internship straight away, you'll be one among the many, who'll attend the interview tomorrow and you'll be considered only if have got the required Potential. There's no easy business my way. Moreover, we have assigned staff, who takes care of recruitment. It's not done by me. So, there won't be much influence of mine. You can see details of interview thing on the site, if you are really interested in" I said in a really serious tone

Another few days went normally and Manav joined office, as two employees among the group of finance head were planning to retire and we had to fill in the vacanies.

Ranjan also reviews HR department activities, so he passed on the information that, Manav wants to learn from scratch, although he was offered an upper post. He joined as an intern and very few days, he began to learn and implement the financial planning and strategies appropriate to the scenarios.

He also keeps surprising me, with his suggestions. My decision to ask him to join office was correct. Ok!! I voluntarily didn't go for it, Payal said Manav is looking for internship in finance sector and I still remember her question
'Your company's finance group, can't it allow some space to accommodate a new person?' - Her words hit the target and the most beautiful part is, she's unaware of it.

On remembering her words, I miss her more. I crave to see her all the time, Ok that might sound like a lover boy from Payal's Bollywood movies. The least I could do right now is give a call to her, so I dialled her no. she picked after few rings - "Hello!!"

"Hi.." her voice was fading

"What are you doing? You sound low." I asked

"Look at the time businessman, people sleep at these hours" she responded.

"But I'm not able to, so even you aren't allowed to" I said trying to tease her a bit

"Can you elaborate?"

"Isn't that, wife supposed to share everything of her husband's?"

"Fine!! You won. I'm all ears now. Talk" She said with a sigh. I wished to see her at the moment and asked where she is right now to which she said "If I'm not with you, obviously I will be at my Mom's place, right." I drove to her place while talking to her, she kept asking me where I'm chilling out because there were noises of the vehicles, I didn't tell her although. I reached at her place and asked her to open the door, She didn't understand for a second or two, but as soon as she did, she rushed to open the door, I could hear the breath of hers.

"Why are you here?" first thing she asked looking at me.

"Ofcourse, not for you" I gave a reply, to which she opened her mouth to say something, but didn't.

"Am I allowed in?"

"Not until, you answer properly the reason why you are here at this late hour of night."

"I am here because, I wanted to see and talk to my wife, you get that" she was controlling her smile. I brushed my shoulder with hers and moved inside and settled myself in her room.
She entered and I noticed she was wearing a loose white shirt and her slim legs showed off.

"Don't look at me like that, I feel uncomfortable" She said and draped a dupatta to cover her legs.

"I won't, but what I notice is, this shirt is quite loose on you"

"Because, it's my dad's. I feel warm when I slip into his clothes and they are most comfortable to wear while I sleep" she said settling herself beside me. Her hairs were blocking my view, I gently pushed them behind her ear.

"Don't do that" she said reaching for my hand. "Don't do, what?" again I pushed some strings of her hair back, I enjoy teasing her. She grabbed both my hands and held them tight.

"Good!! Now tell me what happen, why you are here?"

"I have told you"

"Not satisfying"

"I'm leaving then" I said moving to open her room door. Before I could touch the bolt, she stood in between.

"I didn't mean it that way" she said with a low voice.

"You ask so many questions and never satisfied with my replies. I'm hurt right now, so let me leave" I said trying to reach for the bolt. It was worth watching her at the moment. She didn't had any reply to throw so she used her arms. I don't know about her, but I felt so warm in her arms and she said "Sorry, I didn't mean it that way"

"Hug is good but I think I would consider Kiss for an apology" I said in her ear. She freed herself and reached for her pillow and started hitting me with it, saying you are such a drama queen.

I moved closer to her inspite of her target hitting, I grabbed the pillow, placed it at the back of her and pulled her closer, she bumped on me and I didn't calculate much and we both fell on the ground.

"Are you planning to leave me?" She asked looking at me

"No, not yet" I said gripping her tighter

"Ok, tell me when you have decided to, because I'm not gonna plead for that" She said and placed her head on my chest, as if she'll be asleep anytime soon.

"I'm letting you free for the moment, because you weight heavy" I said, earning glare from her for my words.

We spoke for some time, after that we both fell asleep, her bed wasn't enough for two people. She said she'll sleep on the floor, but that's not gonna happen. I said her to sleep along and that we'll adjust. She obeyed, like actually for the first time, without a further question or fight she agreed, although I enjoy her expressions when she is irritated.

She is something else- the last thought before I closed my eyes that night.