Chap 43

Payal’s Pov

Next morning we drove back to home after dropping Mithali at her institute. Sharon did come along with us as she agreed to learn business from her brothers. School got shifted due to government notice and I had to quit it as it was quite far to travel such long distance.

Its afternoon now and all 3 were in office, whereas I was killing my time watching some movie. I took my mobile and called Siddharth, I tried several times but he didn’t answer my call. Of course he would be busy in some meeting.

Just then some guy arrived and he had a basket in his hand. I went upto him and said “Yes?”

“Payal Ahluwalia?”

“Yeah!!”

“This Parcel is for you. Have a nice day mam.”

“You too. Thankyou”

I looked into the basket, there were chocolates, two novels , roses and there was a note
‘To Payal’
            ‘From Siddharth’

Does this man have some supernatural power?? How he knew what exactly I like. Ok!! I have said that I like books, chocolates but I wasn’t specific and still he knows it.
I took my phone and texted “Thank you”

I was busy reading the novel that I didn’t notice it was almost Six and Manav was standing in front of me in his full business attire.

I looked at him and asked “How was your day?”

“Very bad. I was disastrous today. So I’m required to redo everything and I want to borrow some of your precious time”

“Yeah!! Okay”

“I have got these files, I’ll explain you the things and I want your help in sorting out all of these but before that I got to change, I’ll be back in few minutes.” I nodded in a yes. Manav looked tired and I’ll be more than happy to help him to lessen his burden.

We both worked together for hours and we were about to finish when I heard Siddharth’s Voice. Siddharth walked into the room and looked at me and asked “What you both are busy with?”

“Manav had ….” I was about to say but Manav interrupted and said “Nothing bhai, it’s just some calculations I was rechecking. Thanks Princess” and he disappeared with the files. Weird!!

“What happened to him?”

“I don’t know. May be you scared him?” I said smilingly

“No!! It’s just you who misinterpret my handsome face as Scary” he said with a grin

“I have got your Present” I said pointing at the basket.

He moved towards me, sat on the bed facing me and said “And I got your thank you”. I smiled

“So how were the novels?”

“Good”

“How was your day?”

“ohhh!! Very tiring” he said loosening his tie. I went upto him and massaged his forehead. He closed his eyes and relaxed.

“Now that’s enough” Saying so he caught my hand and asked me stop.
“Let’s go and eat something, I have got your favourite biryani”

I had a very big smile on my face and I quickly kept other things aside and said “Why late then?” Siddharth laughed at my actions. But who cares, biryani is on the other side. We had delicious dinner and we called for the night.

Next morning, I opened my eyes and I found a very beautiful sight in front. Sleeping Siddharth, there is no anger, no creases on his forehead, no hurry to answer his phone, nothing. I slowly went closer and closer and kept admiring his beauty, when he suddenly placed his arm around my waist. I tried carefully to get away from his hold, but failed he woke up in between. I didn’t know what to say “I’m sorry” was all I could manage. He smiled - first time I had such a closer look of both, his face and his smile.

“I doubt your intentions Mrs Ahluwalia!!” saying so he tried to get closer. I pushed him back with my hand.

“You over expect my husband, I heard you murmuring in sleep so I moved closer to hear you, that’s it” I lied

“Comeon!! You don’t have to lie to me”

“I’m not”

“Fine.” Just then I heard my phone ringing, Siddharth took my phone and held it high and asked me to take it if I want. I kept jumping to get it, no use. I knew what to do, I tickled him in his stomach, but not much use.

I was irritated by now. I went and sat on the couch. He moved towards me and gave my phone back and said “Next time try harder.”

I answered the call, it was Mithali and she was weeping. I talked to her and hung the call.

“Who was it?”

“Mithu, she is crying, her mom is planning to get her married off to one of their relative.”

“What?”

“I need to talk to her mom”

“I’m coming with you”

“Even I’m coming with you guys” Manav said. He probably heard me.
And we drove to Mithali’s place.