Chap 42

Manav's POV

It's 9:00 PM and everyone was seated in the hall remembering and talking about their childhood and School days. I had my gang of friends who never make me feel alone. Vijay was busy helping Rhea to fix her favourite brooch. Pranay and Rithwik were discussing about their dad's businesses. Sameer sat beside me avoiding Shayeen's face. Shayeen and brother were into a conversation. Aarav was helping mom and Adarsh was talking to Sharon about his trip to Goa with friends.

I was looking for Payal, she was nowhere. I excused myself and went unto her room and knocked at the door. She opened it quickly as if she was just standing the other side of the door. She asked to come in.

"What you are doing alone here?" I asked. She held her head low and said nothing. I went upto her caught her wrist and pulled her outside along with me. After few steps she walked closer to me, along with me. She was staring at Bhai's back.

"Everything Ok between you and Bhaiya?" She nodded and blushed. Ok may be they had a moment together.
I made her sit beside me, she saw Aarav helping mom, she tried to join but mom insisted not and said "it's almost done"

Bhaiya went up to her and said something in her ear. She blushed again. I averted my face towards Sameer. Rhea came to us and said "why don't we play truth or dare."
We all lit fire outside and settled ourselves. Rhea spins the bottle. It confused us with its slow movement but it stopped pointing at Vijay and Rhea was on the opposite side. Fun begins.

"Truth or dare?" Rhea asked Vijay excitedly

"Always truth!!" Vijay said confidently

"I have heard you had a crush on a girl in school, come on start" Rhea completed and we all waited to hear because we know little about this side of Vijay.

"Ok!! There wasn't much great. One day I had my cycle chain broken on my way to School, Lasika, she was passing by in the car and she offered me lift. That was the first time I looked at any girl closely after Rhea." Rhea giggled

"After that we constantly used to have talks and I used to visit her place once or twice in a week, that's it." We all said in unison "OHHHH!!" as he never told us about all of this.

"What happened after that Vijay?" Rhea asked seriously

"I used to help her with the subjects and once she had a grip over them, she started avoiding me. I understood she looked for benefit and not for any friendship or more. After that I never disturbed her with my presence." That was hurtful. Rhea went upto him and gave him a hug.

Pranay bought beer bottles and said "Rhea move, bro take this- Cheers to your first ever bitchy love story" Rhea gave Pranay a hard blow on his head. No doubt this experience had an impact on Vijay's life.

"Vijay spin the bottle" Sharon said. So he did and the bottle stopped at Shayeen. Pranay was on the other side

"Truth or dare?" "Truth" "Cool!!
Answer who among us are more attractive, just one answer"

"Well!! I'm gonna answer only if I'm allowed to make it two"

Oh!! She is acting as if it is creating suspense. I was hardly interested in her tactics. Everybody said "okay"

"First it is Siddharth" I looked at Payal, she had a fake smile on her lips. I know given a chance she can punch that lady straight on her face.
"The other name is Sameer" She said looking at Sameer. He looked here and there and took the bottle and made it spin.