chap 8

Payal's POV

I went upstairs and all my anger got down.A step up and anger a step down!!

I kept my hand bag on the couch, placed at the right corner of the room.As he said 'We'll sort everything in the evening.'
Thinking so, I  wandered around the room and I found a book on the side of the mirror.But it wasn’t a book it was a photo album, thin orange sheet covered the outer cover of the album.

I opened the album, started looking at the pictures. It was my husband, he was different then with no beard, clean and yet handsome face, holding a beautiful looking girl in his arms. She might probably be .. Yes!! I moved further there was another picture of Siddharth and hers with a puppy, other one while they were in a boat, another picture of hers while she was asleep and it went on.. A sting of jealous hit me and I closed the album and crawled back to my sleep space and closed my eyes to absorb the current situation…

There was Knock on the door and I really didn’t bother to open my eyes. But then I woke up with a jerk, realising I’m staying at a new place and it can’t be Mom or Rahul.

It was Sandhya, she walked in, she apologized for being late and went downstairs after asking me something, I didn’t hear her,but kept nodding in a yes.

Why do she apologize to me, I am not her boss nor I wish to be. All the album images filled my mind and It felt hard to breathe in there.

So I went downstairs called out for the maid. She came out of a room like cabin, I suppose it to be kitchen. I asked her for a glass of water and she went back to her Cocoon, Kitchen. I followed her way and headed to the Kitchen space, it was So huge: Everything is so huge here, how does it makes this Kitchen indifferent anyway – I thought.

She handed me a glass of water and asked if I needed anything else. I nodded in a simple No. I started taking a closer look of the space I was standing: there were many shelves and all plates,glasses,bowls made of glass had a shiny look, neatly arranged in those shelves.

Twice this Kitchen space would equal my house - Occurred to my mind.

I lost my appetite and felt drowsy so I walked straight to the room upstairs to snatch some sleep. I woke up around 3:15 PM to my shock, as I got up my head felt heavy then I realised I didn’t had my lunch nor breakfast.

I went straight to the washroom, splashed some water on my face and felt much better. Now I had to feed my stomach something, I went downstairs. I couldn’t find Sandhya, I thought she might have left. I saw some bowls placed on the dining table, I went and checked, it had rice, dal and some spicy curry and salad prepared.

I didn’t had any interest to taste them, I began to find something in the fridge. To my luck, I found a chocolate pack and coke bottle and also a bottle of wine. I took chocolate and coke bottle and started wandering around the house, everything was so perfectly decorated and placed, simply as perfect like him.

I went upstairs and walked to the end of the left side, I saw some stairs there, I climbed them, they were around 15 steps and I reached terrace of the building.

The view from there was so capturing, it felt amazing. I saw a wooden swing on the right side of the terrace and decide to complete my coke there. There was fresh touch breeze on my skin and I opened my tied hair to sway fully with the wind. The strands of my hair started to dance to the rhythm of air and I found myself smiling for the first time, since I entered this new place.

A shiver ran through my body, so I decide to get down to the room. As I was stepping down the stairs humming to a song having my head low and shaking my leg a bit to a rhythm, I saw shoes of a man.

I raised my head to meet his eyes, ohh!! those eyes: will they ever stop staring me...🤔🤔