Chap 32

Payal’s POV

My legs started to recover, but it’s very slow. Siddharth has already informed the school head, when he answered the call on my mobile.

These days Siddharth comes back early from his office and he changes the bandages every alternate day. But today, he is still sleeping and was fighting with the couch to make more space for himself. I called his name but he didn’t respond.

I took an empty bottle kept on the bedside table and throwed in his direction and it hit on his legs. He woke up with a jerk and looked at me.

“What happened” he asked in husky voice. I nodded my head to mean nothing.

“Okay” saying so he again bumped on the couch.

“You aren’t leaving for office today?” I asked looking at his tricks to get comfortable on the couch.

“No, It’s a holiday” he said trying to get some sleep.

“You can sleep here, I’ll go and fresh up.” I said pointing with my eyes to the other side of the bed. He didn’t waste a second and at the next moment he was lying on the bed, with his chest down and back upwards.

I looked for the date and said “There’s no holiday today, who declared this holiday.”

He looked at me and said “I declared. I’m the boss and I can add extra holidays to that calendar”

“So, you’ll be sleeping whole day?” I asked with a chuckle.

He rose a bit, moved closer and said “I am not planning for it, but I won’t say NO if you are staying in bed whole day with me.” He got nasty again. I pushed him back with my hands and his back fell on the bed with a thud, while a smile sticked to his lips.

I pushed the blanket a side and was about to put my feet down, when there was a sudden pull and my body crashed with his. I took time to even raise my head because my legs got twisted when he pulled in.

“I was kidding, why you take things so seriously?” he said trying to justify his earlier line.

I lifted my head and was trying to put some sense into his head “Dare you pull such tricks on me, I ….” And I lost my sense when he pushed a bunch of hair behind and traced his finger on my cheek. I couldn’t speak, I closed my eyes and my senses kicked in, so I moved away from him.

“I wanted to talk to you” we both said at once.

“You go ahead” he said still lying on the bed, his side facing me

“No, you tell first, else forget it.” I said being firm, folding hands to my chest.

“Okay” he said and was thinking to start. I too laid back on the bed facing his side, pulled blanket up to my chin and was waiting for his words.

“Would you like to have dinner outside, with me?” he asked looking straight into my eyes.

“No” My instincts spoke loud this time. He didn’t speak, just nodded his head as if he didn’t prepare for a NO.

“All you want to talk is about dinner?” I asked doubtfully.

He took my hand in his, but all he could get to, is my fingers. I moved a bit closer for him and he felt encouraged to speak.

“I thought a lot about me… about you... I mean about us..” he was trying to pick words for his thoughts.

His words began to scare me, as I wasn’t able to guess his next words.

“I just wanna give an another chance for us , I wanna make it better, for us. You able to understand ? ”

“I don’t think so.” I said genuinely.

He raised from his sleep posture and said “Let’s rewind the time and assume that, all these incidents, this marriage have never happened, let’s get back to our older self. I ..” That was enough for me, my emotions got at the peak and my eyes busted out with all the tears stored in it. I got free of his hold and covered my face in my hands and cried my heart out. This, I didn’t expect from him.

He tried to calm me and tried to touch my hands but I shooed him away. I don’t know how my legs could gain its strength back but I got up and ran towards the washroom and closed the door behind. Siddharth kept banging on the door asking me to open and talk to him for once, but I was not up for it, at the moment.