Chap 34

Payal’s POV

I was so very sure I had few broken bones inside my skin.

“Alright then” saying so, he carried me to bed. He picked some ayurvedic oil from the draw.

He came and sat beside me, showed me the bottle and said that doctor has suggested using it, if leg gives any problem.

I held my hand out asking for the bottle. He dismissed it, “Relax darling, let me prove that I’m a good husband” he said winking.

He folded an inch or two of my dress above knee and gave a gentle massage, up from knee till ankle. He repeated the same with the other leg. I couldn’t lay my eyes off from him. Could any girl get luckier than this? – I thought to myself.

It was 11’00 pm of night, I saw Siddharth working on his laptop. “You said, today it’s a holiday from work”
“Yes, I’m at the edge of completing this presentation and I think…it seems fine” saying so, he closed all the windows and switched off the device.
He took a pillow and blanket and was about to move towards couch when I held his wrist “I think, this bed is large, you can sleep here”

“You sure?” he asked looking at me. I bought my hand back and nodded in yes.

We both slept sideways, at the opposite edges of the bed, not facing each other.

“Siddharth” – I called out for him without turning. He made ‘Hmm’ sound.

“I wanted to tell you something, right?”

“Yeah, what it is?”

“I like books, chocolates, movies and travelling much” I said

“That’s good. But why are you telling me this, now?” he asked not understanding what I’m trying to mean by it.

“Because you wanted to know, Good night” I said and it was time to hide away in the blanket.

Siddharth PoV

I was awe-struck for a moment, “did you hear me talk in the washroom that day?”

“Yes” I heard her say

Few days back-

It was Saturday and I asked Manav to drop Payal and as soon as she left, I began to get ready for office with all the words of her note running in my mind. I thought to sort this whole mess created by me. I rehearsed looking at the mirror in the washroom –
‘ Payal, look I’m extremely… No, this doesn’t sound like apology…
   Payal I was drunk and I lost control….wait I didn’t even remember that I lost control.
   Again I started ‘Payal, I was so drunk that I really didn’t remember of my behaviour towards you that night, my phone had captured my act, so I got to know that my behaviour  wasn’t correct, I didn’t mean to hurt you nor I will, anytime in future….

Omg!!! Why I’m dragging it. Let’s keep it simple, I’ll gift her something that she likes and write a sorry note on it. Yeah!! That will be perfect – I thought to myself.

But dude do you even know what are her likings- my inner voice mocked me. Oh that sucks!! I don’t know what she really likes. She picked up a fight over that dress- clearly her taste doesn’t match mine…

Then I reminded myself that, her note also read that ‘she intends to leave me and this place’, so why I’m even trying so much. ‘ I’ll say an apology, if she agrees, then alright… else I’ll divorce her. There’s no point in silent suffering’ – I said it loud to get clear over these thoughts and bring a solution to it.