Chap 3

Firstly, I thought It would be better if I come out of this attire and jewellery. As I finished removing all the jewellery, I felt relieved. Then I thought of starting off with the saree and moved towards the door to bolt it.

He appeared in front with tray of glasses of water and some juice. I moved aside. He kept the tray on the table beside bed, he himself sat on the bed and offered me seat next to him.

I hesitantly walked towards him and took the water gulped it down in one go, placed it back and did the same with the juice. But the glass slipped my hand- as I got wild drinking it and some of the juice sticked to the outer part of the glass and when came in contact with my fingers it made it slippery.

But my hubby has got great timing, he caught it with both his hands and there goes stunt number 2 I thought.

I said Sorry and thankyou both at a time and I actually meant them.

He held my hand and made me sit beside him, looked at me for brief time and said “ Are you hungry?”

No,no!! I have never seen a glass of juice in my life- I thought. I didn’t like it when he stares at my face.

I answered “Yes, I’m. I had nothing except an apple,that I manage to hide it from all and eat,while everybody got busy”

“Why is it so?” he asked

“Maa(mom) said - It’s ritual. On the day of marriage we aren’t supposed to eat anything till all the marriage ceremony ends. So the ., wait it means you ate something today right?”

“Ofcourse. I have been to office, so naturally I had my breakfast and there was one meeting so I had to skip my lunch but I could manage a burger on the way to register office for marriage.”

He is unbelievable. I felt pity for myself. It was only me who was following all the rituals, although our wedding didn’t happen the way as followed in our religion, still I have been a fool to abide by the rules of this marriage.

He went downstairs to speak to the maid. To prepare something to eat, I guessed.

I took it as time and started towards door to bolt it but I couldn’t reach its height.

Tried of trying, I peeped outside and there was no one nor there was trace of him.

I left the door without bolting but doors were pressed against each other.

I started getting rid of all the safety pins attached to my saree right from my left side of the waist onto the right side of my shoulder and tried to undo the saree, but struck and then again struck. Oh No!! Mithali had a pin attached to my blouse at the back that held my saree tight,I was afraid I will tear this beautiful gift of mom’s.

I moved towards the mirror facing my back and turned my head trying to grab the pin. I tried and tried,No luck now my hands were hurting.

I heard a sudden knock on the door.”I’m coming in” It was him!!!

Hey hi!!
I like payal. She is great with her sarcasm. What you think??