Chap 19

Payal 's POV

There was a Knock at the door, I kept the diary back into its original place and went towards the door to look for the person other side. It was Anil Uncle.

“Actually I got a call and I am supposed to leave right now and Catch a flight”

“Is everything alright?” - I asked

“Yeah, it’s business you see.”

“Ok!! I ll make you coffee, just two minutes and I’ll wake him up” – I said trying to move towards Siddharth

“No, It’s fine, let him sleep and Yes Your coffee can fit in the schedule for now” – he said smilingly

I made a cup of coffee and offered him and to give him company I sat along with him.

“Where’s your coffee cup?”

“I don’t drink coffee.”

“I’ll get you a sandwich.” – As I stood to reach bread, he said “ No, I’m completely fine, I’ll have something on flight, I'm used to it now , it’s much like my second home.”  We both laughed. This man really knows how to make the other person comfortable around.

After a pause he began “ Siddharth is too workaholic, he often forgets there a world outside his office. However things got changed in the past but he wasn’t fortunate enough;good things happened to him and got blown as air. He became much worse than his old self.” – I tried to in take his every word and nodded in response.

“But yesterday it was different, we had very long talk and I saw him normal after many days. I know the reason, undoubtedly it’s you. He made a right decision of marrying you and I’m really happy for both of you. This is all very new for you but believe me I have known siddharth since his younger age and he is a good boy and you never know,If I had a daughter I could have her married off to his guy.” He said smilingly. I faked a smile while a chime of jealousy rang in my ears for his unborn girl.

I went upstairs, head bent low, processing all the words of the uncle and I collided with a body and was about to fall the other side but before that an arm held me by waist and pulled me back straight. I opened my eyes and I saw two red eyes staring me. All last night memories swayed back in my head and I separated myself from him and took my handbag to move out of the room.

“You’re leaving so early?” his voice made me stop

“Yes, I have got some work at school so I have to reach early today.” I lied, because I felt uncomfortable in his presence.

“That’s Ok, I’ll drop you just wait for few minutes”

“No!!” – I shouted “I mean, I can manage, thanks.”- I said controlling my fast heartbeat. Actually speaking I was afraid what he was planning in his head next.

“Look it’s raining heavily and I think I have got a vehicle to drop you safely, so just wait I’ll change my shirt and we can drive towards your school. And No arguments over it.” he said pointing a finger towards me. I nodded, he went brushing his shoulder with mine towards his closet to pick a shirt and I felt trapped.

“Let’s go” he changed his shirt into a dark brown t shirt and he looked different, I mean much younger than he looks in business attire. But giving him any compliment, would be the last thing that I would do.

The drive was peaceful until he choose break it, with his question – “Is everything fine?”

I looked towards him and tried to read his face, what did he actually mean. Is that, I'm fine after he tried to force himself on me or is it fine if he could do it again.

But he was driving so calmly that as if nothing has actually happened or is this is just normal for him. I didn’t understand. I just turned to face outside the window.

“You wanna say something, is something wrong?” – he asked again.

I remembered his uncle,“ Anil uncle left sometime back, he said he has to board a flight, its urgent for some business purpose.” – I said in one go.

“That’s not new. Did he say something to you?” – he asked looking at me. I nodded in no. “or Manav” I again nodded in No.

What is he upto , why is he questioning me, “But why you’re asking?” I asked my voice shuttering.

“Just that you’re not acting usual.”

“What usual, what do you mean?” am I supposed kiss him after experiencing his antagonistic performance of last night.

“You seem very calm and quite.” He said with a grin.

“Hey did I say something wrong, may be last night I was just drunk and I …”

“School has started building a new playground for children, the area behind the school.” I managed to say something to escape from his talk. I will not answer his stupid questions about last night. He might excelled with his acting skills but I have no interest to play any role in his drama.

“Ok, that’s good. I..”  I cut him off in the middle and said “Principal has purchased that land upon Arun’s suggestion and … “Who’s he?” – he interrupted, I noticed his eyes glued to the road and hands to the steering wheel.

“ Who, Arun?”

“Hmm”

“He is my colleague, he teaches science and he is really good at it.” I said and paused

“So the man who was standing beside you, yesterday.”

“Yes, he is the one.” And the car stopped right in front of my school, the main gate was not open yet.

“The gate is closed.” He said

“I’ll take the other gate, It’s on the right side.” Saying so I got down from the car and turned to move.

“Payal” Your ID card. I took the card

“Thanks for dropping.” I said in a firm tone.

“Come on I’m your husband, you need not thank for anything “

I just nodded to his words and said
" I’m habituated to thank you and sorry, it got nothing to do with the relation.So thankyou!!!" I stressed  and walked towards the school gate.

Wowww!!!
It was longest chapter....
I hope you like it and if you, then do let me know...😉😉
Byeeeee...