Chap 45- Lets mend it

Payal's POV

Words hurt more than actions do..
The drive back to home was very peaceful

As we reached, I rushed to the bedroom.
I made an excuse of changing my dress and cried my share of tears...

Then i opened the door, moved towards living room and sat on the sofa.

I kept on changing the channels and stopped at one of the music channels..
My body was clamly watching the moves to the beat but my mind was all filled of grief..

There was something moving on my cheek, i got startled and reached for it suddenly.. It was him..

"Ahhh.. I was just..You called out my name.."

I was giving him this shit look, to stop blabbering...

"Okay..I m sorry for what i said back there.. I didnt mean it really.. Even you know that.." he tried speaking

"Not working" I said and got up and was heading to bedroom.I was damn sleepy..

"Hey!! I m talking to you and you are just walking away" he said and caught my arm..

"See, I m very sleepy right now,bye" I said and pulled myself away from him..

"Well, then" he caught me up in his arms and held me like a baby...

"How about a sleepy drive till our bed" he suggested....

I didnt give a damn about his flirting and that hurt his ego...
He pressed my body closer, I wanted to irritate him, i held my arms around his neck and fanned my breath. I could bet he felt nervous, but he tried harder to hide....He didnt speak a word and carried me to the bed and carefully laid me there, as if i were a delicate doll.

"Siddharth, do you hate me?" I asked almost in a whisper.
He pressed his lips on mine, i was shocked at his sudden act, my eyes were wide open...He parted slowly after a quick and strong peck..

"You still have any doubts, i can clear whole night" I was numb. Did he just kiss me... I turned to look at him.. He closed his eyes drifted in sleep, while he stole mine...

The next day

Mithali's POV

I don't understand, everything has changed in a day. But what's not changed still is, the point of me getting married.

Manav's words surprised me. Why is he helping me, what's his gain here? Does he love me.... No that's stupid to even think. May be I can find out today. I called Manav at coffee place, as I had to get my questions answered before this engagement thing. He hasn't arrived yet, I kept looking at the menu but I'm not thinking straight, so I had 3 glasses of water instead.

On the opposite table, I found a couple fighting; the guy got irritated and walked away, whereas the girl had fresh tears in her eyes. What's wrong with them? Just then someone blocked my view. I raised my head and the most expected idiot, Manav. He looked handsome in his typical business attire, but that's not a big deal. I have seen many handsome faces, come on I'm into fashion designing!!!

"Hello!!" he waved his hand drawing me back from my thoughts.

"Hey!!" I answered with a weak smile

"You zoomed out." He said and grabbed menu card and checked out for the coffee types. "So which one you would like to have?" he asked

"None, Thank you."

"Two hot coffees with cream, please" he gave the order

Why he tries to play smart "I said, I don't want anything" I said banging on the table.

"Then why we are here, in this coffee place haan?"

"To talk"

"Okay!! You look pissed off, what's wrong?" he asked leaning forward, maintaining his calm posture.

"You mind if I ask, What's wrong with you? You hate me, so why you are up for this?"

"Come on!! They sell good coffee here." He answered with a chuckle. Now I was really pissed. I stood up and grabbed my bag as there's no point in talking to this person, I should have known this before. But he caught my wrist, "sit down, I wanna talk" he said in a serious tone. It frightened me a little, so I settled back.

Our coffees have arrived then. There was a design made of cream in the coffee mug, it looked catchy and delicious. I raised my mug and took a sip and shit!! I burned my tongue, it's hot.

"Hot coffee" He said making a face that read 'stupid you'.

"Ok!! Listen. I had my dad's estate to support me through my education and I want even you to chase and fulfil your dreams. I don't want you to get married off to some idiot, who doesn't care what you even want."

"So, you care?" I gave a sarcastic smile to him.

"I'm done with the coffee, I'm leaving" he said picking up his phone and putting some money for the bill. This guy has loads and tons of attitude, idiot.

He stood and walked a step towards the exit, I didn't care to stop him. He reverted, caught my arm and raised me to my feet "You can do whatever you want to, but in this case, you aren't left with much choices, so it's, better for you and your future." he released my arm. "Also you can trust me a little, I'm not a monster." Saying so, he walked away leaving an angry me and my bruised arm. Yes his hold was that strong. Anyway he hinted the right name to address, 'Monster'. I edited his name in my contact list 'MONSTER'.

Sorry for the gap!!!
Forgive me, but dont forget the story😋😜..
Catch you soon...
Byeeeee...