Chap 9

Payal's POV

"You are back from office?” I decided to break the silence with most dumb question.

He ignored my question and moved closer to me without giving rest to his staring eyes. A chill ran down my spine and I shivered, I circled my arms to get some warmth .

“You Ok?” obviously, he noted. His looks passed my shoulder “How long you have been up there?” saying so he moved closer to me, removed his coat, placed it around my shoulders and also adjusted a strand of my hair behind my ear. My skin could feel his touch and I closed my eyes in response.

As he stepped back, I opened my eyes. ”come!! There’s something for you” saying so he held my hand and we walked towards the room. When I stepped inside I saw a red cover wrapped gift pack on the bed. I looked at him questioningly.

“Open it” he said

I obliged. I saw a grand,beautiful brown and cream coloured Saree neatly folded in the box. I could interpret by mere look, that it worth more than my monthly earn.

 I could interpret by mere look, that it worth more than my monthly earn

(Picture of the saree in the box)

"I can’t accept this” – I said

“Why?? You don’t like it?” – he asked with a sense of doubt

“No, its not about liking. I wear clothes of this kind”- I said pointing towards the dress I was wearing.It wasn't that I didn't prefer it to keep, but grand dresses are beyond my lifestyle.

“Next time, I’ll keep your status in mind. But for now, keep it!!” – he said, rudeness and anger clearly dripping from his mouth.

I gulped my saliva and kept the box inside the cupboard- I mean his cupboard.He strikingly came towards me and placed the box back in my hand and closed the cupboard.

“What it means?” – now I got angrier

“You can put your clothes in some other place, I  ll clear some place for you in that closet tomorrow.
Do not touch this area.”- he said it in one go

I looked at him questioningly
“Because this closet has clothes of Kaira . You get that?” – He said in an almost raised tone, as if he read my mind.

“How the hell could I guess that?” – I answered him at his level of tone. He started to say something but his mobile interrupted him.. He went outside the room slamming the door harder.

Kaira,his wife. Much appropriate,his first wife, who died in an accident two years back. It was her photos that filled the album, beside him and in his arms in some of them. I felt worst, I had no motto to marry him except him.