chap 15

Sidd POV

I had asked Rima, my assistant to remind me if it is 4:00 PM, of course I couldn’t afford to break my word given to myself. After handing over the remaining work, I started from office to pick her. Though by my speed it doesn’t take more than 20 minutes to reach there, but the traffic is always hard to get through with. I was waiting in a crowd of vehicles, when there was red signal to add onto the top of my patience.

I lowered the window glass and saw a couple on bike, they both have worn clothes of same colour, Yellow. That colour reminded me of Payal, and I remember the day when I thought she’s Kaira and asked her to come back to her life with me. But that whole confusion got cleared when our bodies collided. Yes!! She was standing at a good distance in the lane where I parked my car. She was about to open her mouth to defend herself that she is not Kaira, a bike came speeding into the lane and at that second I pulled her by hand towards me and we both hit a wall, actually my body hit the wall and hers mine. She was breathing fast, at that sudden movement. My heart said, she wasn’t my Kaira, she isn’t the one who responds warmly to my touch. I separated from her and asked “Who are you?”
Honking sound bought me back from the past and I saw there was green signal and I blocked the crowd to access free road. I quickly drove towards the school and saw the time it was 4:40, Oh shit!! She might have left, thinking so when I looked at the gate, I saw her standing at the side of the gate. There was a man standing beside her and both were laughing, paying least attention to their surroundings. Who is this man? I stepped out of car and moved towards her with much speed and placed my hand on her back, correcting, her little back. She looked questioningly towards me, I ignored all her expressions and said “let’s go”. When I didn’t see her moving, I held her hand tightly and took her towards the car and said her to sit inside. After one last look of the person standing at the side of the gate, I moved my car with what is not treated as normal speed in this traffic. She asked me to lower my speed and I did the opposite. There was blocked road ahead and I had to control my speed for a brake. In such a successful attempt, car stopped exactly behind a truck with few cm distance left to collide with and also I heard a loud ‘NO’. I looked at her, she had her eyes closed and hands pressed on to her ears and her breast was rising and falling because of her heavy breaths. I wanted to her hug her at that moment and feel all her emotions inside me and also to tell her to stay away from all the other men. What am I even thinking, I shifted my head to right to look outside.
“Are you mad? I don’t wanna die this way.” – she said on a high tone.
I looked straight into her eyes, I saw tears beaming in them. “I’ll never let happen anything to you.” It was the most foolish line to say, after you had almost killing shot few seconds back. But it didn’t matter to her after realising that she wasn’t dead, at least not that day.
She lowered her head, brought her legs close to her chest and placed her hands on the forehead and rested on her legs. “You Ok?” – I asked looking at her lowered head. She just nodded her head, I think it meant ‘NO’. I didn’t start the car, I was waiting for her to get normal. After few minutes when she didn’t lift her head, I got down from the car and reached to her side and opened the door.
“Payal, step outside” – I said to which she slowly lifted her head, placed her legs down and asked Why.
“Just come with me” – saying so I held my hand towards her. She looked at my hand for a brief moment and then got out of the car and I bought my hand back to self feeling a bit hurt.