Chap 25

Continuation...

Just then Manav was back with two coffee mugs and sat beside me.

It was really hot and although I'm not a fan of coffee, it smelled delicious.

We both kept the coffee mug aside and sat in silence.

"I had a bad dream, I was so.." I couldn't find words to complete it. But he was patiently waiting, to hear more from me. I turned facing him, "I'm sorry, I scared you."

"Not really. But your push, my back still hurts." He said smilingly.

"I'm so "

"forget it" he cut my words in middle.

After few seconds he got up and held his hand out for me and said "come".

I looked at him and asked "where?"

"Just for a walk, trust me you'll be much better" He said being in the same pose

"It's 2:30 now"

"Morning walks are for our health but the night walks, they are to free our heads from all the negative thoughts." He said thoughtfully

I gave a smile in response and placed my hand in his and we both started walking in the dark. We were near the gate and cold waves started hitting my body all over. I bought my arms closer to my chest, its like I'm hugging myself. He looked at me and said "You are freezing out". I just nodded in a yes.

"Oh!! I should have carried my jacket. Ok, you wait near the gate I'll bring it"

I held his wrist and said "Its Ok, I can survive this" but I can't lie to myself, my teeth were wobbling

"Don't you feel much cold?" I asked him

"No I don't. This is like normal in USA. So I'm used to it now." He was walking folding his arms to his chest and of course it was clear that breeze is like AC to him and nothing more.

"Give me your hand." I said and he obeyed. I held his hand and I felt much warmth "You are warm, now we can walk miles" I said. He just smiled and we walked for few distance, but then he got free of my hand, I felt so bad and it was nothing less than a pile of ice bags fallen on me. But then he encircled his arm around my shoulder and slowly bought it down halfway towards my elbow.

"You are Ok ?? ...with this stickiness." He asked unsurely

"The best, at last 'you' became 'the jacket', haan?." I said and we both laughed.

We kept walking without a word. "Night walks are silent walks?" I thought to break the silence

He chuckled "No, they aren't. I thought you wanted to follow this silence of the night."

"Why would I do that, when I got a talking jacket, you see." I said being obvious, to which he smiled and said "ofcourse, ofcourse"

I asked him about his life at abroad. "was it like you worked and attended your college and managed your own expenses?" I know that was more of a financial question, stupid of me.

But he didn't hesitate in answering and the reason for it - I found, in his answer "everybody there does that, but my case it's different. I decided that I'll enjoy my life, explore it to the maximum – so I went to the parties, to new places and my favourite is cuisines. So I like to cook and enjoy different taste."

"Woww!!! You should meet me in the Kitchen very often then, Ok it shouldn't be like past times...."

"I'm sorry for that, I was in a bad mood." He said cutting my speech in the middle and he held his head low.