Chap 33

Siddharth POV

“Why are you crying, just tell me whatever it is..” I kept asking her but no response from her. I could only hear her sobbing. I got tired of trying. I went and sat on the edge of the bed and waited for her to come out.

After about 15 minutes, she came out, bent a little and started looking for something. I went near her, she moved away and thud… she fell. I tried to help her but she asked me to stop and she got up with the support of wall. Clearly she was drained of energy, she was standing holding the desk kept aside and her whole body had leaned against the wall.

I moved towards her and placed my hand on the wall, just above her head. “What’s your damn problem, haan?” I asked getting irritated. She tried to move away, but I caged her placing my other arm, on the wall.

She looked at me with teary eyes. I couldn’t read her mind, what is she really crying about.

“Move away” she said, trying to maintain her balance, while her legs weren’t up for it.

I carried her though she protested not to. I made her sit on the couch and I pulled a chair and sat right in front of her.

“So I’m listening” I said acting patient.

“Don’t you understand why I’m crying?” she said with breaking tone

“No, else why would I ask.”

“Fine, when I’m required to sign on divorce papers?” she asked looking straight in my eyes. I could see anger in them.

“What are you really talking about?” I asked being confused

“Oh really!! You don’t have to play with words, I get it you wanna end this relation, so I’m asking when I’m I supposed to sign the papers?” she asked clearing her eyes filled with tears.

I controlled my laughter but smile escaped “No..No wait, there is some misunderstanding here. I don’t want any divorce.”

“Then what you really want, just say it clearly” she yelled at top of her lungs fighting her tears.

Now I got scared, seeing her getting mad at me.

“Answer me” she asked leaning towards me, looking straight into my eyes.

“I want you, I want us” I said in a whisper. Now she had a confused look on face. She tried many a times to say something but skipped, at last she said “You weren’t talking about divorce back then?”

“No” I said nodding my head.

“No?? I thought you wanted…..You scared me, you idiot!!!!” she took a pillow lying beside and started hitting me, I jumped on the couch next to her and tried to stop her and in that attempt, we both lost balance.

She was lying above me and I was laughing unstoppably, seeing this side of hers. She tried to get away from me, but her face hit back on my chest. “I’m sorry” I heard her say. I said that I didn’t mind, for which I earned a hard blow of her fist on my stomach.

“Oh my god!! You are so violent.” I said holding her wrist. “I’ll be dead if you try a few more”

“Yes, you’ll be definitely dead if you try few more creepy lines” She said trying to get up.

“Can I ask you something?” after I saw angry side of hers I could only dare to request. She nodded in a yes.

“What you got scared about?”

“Obvious, you…your palace and Manav” She tried to hide her reply, but I caught it.

She looked cute so I went closer and kissed her on cheek. She blushed.
Just then Manav appeared, “Oh!! I guess wrong timing” he said turning to leave.

I called him and asked what’s the matter, “there’s call from a guy, Arun, he was asking for Princess and asked address of this place, so I guided him”
I was like, really, why Arun had to see her now, can’t he leave her alone. I left the room saying ‘Okay’.

In some time, Arun was there .He began talking to her, both were smiling and slowly it turned into laughter. Now I was getting insecure. I went towards them, she introduced me to him and him to me, we both shaked hands. I sat beside her on the sofa and placed my arm on her shoulder, she tried to get away, but I succeed at the end.

I hardly paid any attention to what they talked, I was thinking of ways how to take her away from him right now, so I made a try “Darling, let’s go out for lunch, go get ready”

Just then Manav bought juice for everyone and now it was time for each other’s intro.

“So is it south Indian then, let me book a table.” I said taking my phone

“I think we will plan for dinner, Arun is here, let’s talk for some time” she said giving me a look of ‘stop your nonsense’ and snatched phone from my hands.

Oh!! my wife is getting rude to me for this outsider.
‘This isn’t anything new, she treats you much worse than this’ – my mind commented.

“Why you are hindering, let’s all go out for lunch” Manav said looking at Payal. I gave him a death glare “I like south Indian” he spoke again

Payal was smiling looking at me. I was pissed. That Outsider Arun isn’t bothering me as much as these two. Now it has become inevitable for me to find a partner, who’ll stand by me to win over them.

We went for lunch and I tried harder to hide my feeling of punching that Arun, with a smile. I realised I’m bad at it, Payal caught my look few at times. Oh!! She had time to notice me even when she was busy blathering with him, great luck for me!! – I thought.

We were back in our room, when she started with a question- “Why you had this tough looks all the time at Arun?”

“No, I didn’t. Why would I bother?” – I lied

“Oh really, then what about ‘Darling, let’s go out for lunch’?” – she said sarcastically

“I’m trying to be a good husband you see, baby” I said mimicking her.

“Ahahah, don’t play around words”

“What else I’m supposed to do, you are this distance away” I said pointing at the distance between us

“Oh ya!! Then let me come to you” saying so she got up and was walking towards me but she knocked on the ground. I guess she sometimes forget that she carries a bad leg right now. I went rushing towards her; she started a shrill cry holding her knee.

“This is all because of you” she uttered. I couldn’t contain myself, I laughed at her complaint. She tried getting up, I held her hand, but she lost balance and we both fell back on the floor. I looked at her, all her hair flipped to her face, it seemed nothing less than a small nest. I laughed holding my stomach. Now it was her turn to get pissed off.

She tried to adjust her hair back, I stopped my laughter, got up and held out my hand for her to get up, she tried but couldn’t make it.

“My leg, its hurting, atleast 2, 3 bones are broken, I know” she said sitting there, wincing in pain.