Chap 10

Payal's POV

I remember for the first time I saw him, outside the gates of the school. He had a formal dressing with a pale yellow and grey trousers with much grown beard that hide much of his face. He was standing there,staring at me without a flick of his eyelids. I Ignored him and started walking towards the bus stop and on arrival of my bus I got in and reached my house.

Next day to school, I saw him again in the evening but I decided to ignore him again and moved towards the bus stop and was waiting for the bus. On turn of my head towards my left, I saw him standing facing in my direction and I got afraid of his looks now. But then I saw my bus coming and boarded the bus with a look at his direction and he too climbed the same bus.

Now I was sweating badly, not that the sun was at its bright side but his mere presence in the bus had frightened me. I looked at his direction and he didn't care to spare me with his looks even in such crowd. I got down at my stop and hurriedly took my steps towards home and to much of my relief he didn't get down at that stop. The third meeting could...

"Hello!!, I 'm asking you something??" - his voice brought me back to the present.

"Wha.. What ?" - my voice was almost a shrill

"You didn't eat since morning?" - he questioned trying to be patient

"No!!, I had coke and chocolate pack from the fridge." - I answered

"what?" - he said slowly, lowering his eyes

"I'm sorry, I didn't find much there and I was hungry, I opened the fridge and first thing I saw in fridge were this and I ....

"hushhhh!!! Ok fine!!" - he said cutting me off

"come downstairs, we will have something, Sandhya is a good cook, you can give it a try" - saying so he went out of the room.

I kept his coat aside and went down. I saw him at the dining table, he was arranging plates and glasses.

I walked straight towards the TV and switched it on and started changing the channels. I wasn't paying much attention to what's actually playing on TV but as soon as I noted, he was moving towards me. I held the remote down and acted to be immersed in the TV show.

He sat beside me with a plate of all cooked items filling my surroundings with the aroma of all spices.

"Here you go, take this plate!! I ll bring mine" - he said moving the plate on my lap.

I quickly moved - "No thanks!! I have no appetite."

"Really, but I can hear sounds of your stomach." "Ok! I have been rude to you. I'm sorry" - I heard him say but I acted as if I was least affected by his words.

He instantly turned me by my shoulder to face him and he got closer and started to lift a spoon of rice from the plate. I got the point where it was leading to, so I took the plate and settled myself on the dinning table and started completing my food on plate and served more onto my plate after the first round.

I was really hungry and it took three spoons of rice to realise how hungry I was, so there was no stopping in the middle.When I was done with my eating, I washed my plate and found that he has already completed his.

I thought to escape to the room to avoid his eyes but I remembered that I had to talk to him, for his morning behaviour. He was watching some news and I walked towards him and stood in front of him blocking his view. He looked at me raising his head, his brows had an irritating image and I really like it that way.

"You said, you'll have to say something when you are back from office. I mean why did you stop me today morning?"

"Yes, It's because, I don't want you to work there. Actually you don't have to work anywhere , I'm earning and I earn enough for both of us"

"Great!! But I love to earn for myself and I don't need pity of yours." I said in almost angry tone. What is he upto,man..

"you think its pity.. Ok, think whatever.. I don't give a damn.. You're not stepping out of this place without my assent.. Mind that." - he said in such serious and calm tone, it sent a chill down my spine and I gulped my saliva down on his words.

He left after blustering all these things,like a king who leaves after passing his judgement.

"I'm not afraid. Neither of you nor of your words. I'll do what I like. You can't cage me." - I said shouting to his back and he disappeared into the room.

I was very angry at his words, I took a pillow on the sofa and started hitting the space where he sat a while ago until the pillow slipped from my hand at a harder hit.

I adjusted myself on the sofa and changed the channel where a Bollywood movie has started and I got involved in that movie.

Hi guys, let me know how was the chapter. Some votes and comments would do great !!!!