Chap 18

Payal's POV

After about 30minutes, I saw him walking in so I switched on the light, he was searching for something, I asked him what is he looking for, he said "My Phone". I gave his mobile kept on the bedside table. I thought to get back to sleep but saw him moving towards the window and his steps were stumbling. I went towards him and asked "Are you Ok?" when he kept staring their parents image.

"Yes!!! Absolutely, I'm fine, I just miss them." - he said looking at me and then I saw tears beaming in those eyes and his mouth smell that of alcohol. I didn't know what to say to calm him, so I did the obvious, I hugged him and he hugged me back tighter, as if even I'm about to leave him.

After a while, I freed myself from the hug and as I turned he held my wrist and pulled me towards him and my back hit his chest, I felt strange trims all over my body. He bought his lips close to my ears and my heart skipped a beat.

"Promise, You'll never leave me Kaira."- I could feel his breath but then my body became still hearing name 'Kaira'. He slowly pushed my hairs to the other side and bought his lips closer to my neck. "Answer me Kaira" I could feel his lips on my neck. My consciousness kicked in, so I got free of his hold and moved towards the bed to avoid him. For him Payal didn't exist, he is thinking me to be Kaira.

Suddenly he lifted me in his arms in bridal style, I asked him to put me down. He nodded in 'No'. I started hitting him on chest and tried to free myself, but no luck, he held me even tighter now. Then he placed me on bed and got above me, I tried to protest using my hands but he held them tight by my wrist with his both hands on either side. He bent down, I kept moving under his hold, but he was much stronger, he traced his lips towards my cheek and he started kissing me on my cheek and he went on towards my neck then collar bone. I felt weak and closed my eyes and tears started rushing out and I said "Please stop, Please..." To my relief he stopped, I slowly opened my eyes and saw him staring at my face with mixed emotion, emotion that I couldn't read nor did I want to. His hold on my hands got loose and he slowly got away from me and moved towards the couch and he laid back there.

I adjusted the top of my dress and decided that I would leave this house tomorrow morning itself. This treatment of his towards me is least expected.

My eyes resisted catching any sleep and tears never lost its way, but I don't know when it was over as I opened my eyes in the morning, remembering the scene of last night. I looked at his direction he was sleeping uncomfortably on the couch and his one leg fallen off the couch.

But he seemed nothing less than an animal to my eyes and they started turning wet with fresh tears. I swiped my tears off and quickly took my bag and packed all my things into it and was looking for the watch.

That watch was special for me, it was a gift from my dad on my 17th birthday, I cannot afford to lose it. I Opened the draw of the bedside table and started looking for watch but then I found a diary there.

I opened it, I saw Siddharth name on the first page. I began turning the pages there was nothing written in that diary.

I was about to close it when I found something written in one of the pages in the middle of the diary. It read as

'I saw Kaira today, after almost 1year 8months, I felt as if she is reborn just for me .She is a bit changed and also teaches in a school now.
The time she saw me for first she didn't pay any attention to me but I tried following her. She might be real angry over me but she should return to her parents, to me. I went next day to talk to the person she was staying with but it went all upside down she isn't my Kaira, its just her features that are same as of Kaira. I left lost again this time. How happy I turned out thinking she's alive. But it turned out something else. So I decided to never disturb her again.' and it ended there.

This damn note cannot change my decision neither the fact that I'm just a mere copy of his darling wife and nothing more to his eyes.
But does he use to force himself on her like he did last night to me, thinking I was Kaira. I got angry and I teared that page from the diary and scrumbled it. There was a Knock at the door, I kept the diary back into its original place and went towards the door to look for the person, on the other side.