Chap 37

Payal's POV

I was angry, not at him but at my own self. I ruined his morning and that'll ruin his whole day too. But I'll not let that happen.

I made lunch, packed it in the box, took an auto and went to his office. I asked receptionist about 'Siddharth'. She seemed a bit shocked. She looked at me and my attire twice and was like 'who are you?'

Her looks bothered me, so I said gathering all patience "I'm Payal and I want to meet Siddharth, can you please tell me where his cabin is?"

"Look Miss Payal, firstly you shall address him as Siddharth Sir, second thing he is busy and cannot resolve any charity matters" she said before attending a call.

I dialled Siddharth's No., he didn't answer, then I dialled for Manav, he picked in it few rings.

"Hey Princess!! all well? Why did you ask for location of this office"

"Everything is good. But listen,I reached office and I'm standing in the reception area..."

"Ok, I'm coming" he didn't allow me to complete my sentence.

I saw Manav walking down the stairs, he was completely dressed in formal wear and he pulled it well. He hugged me and said 'we missed you a lot'. I saw a shocked expression on the receptionist face.

"I didn't" I said to tease him a bit.

"I don't believe" he said breaking the hug

"So what brings this lady to this place? Dying to meet your hubby?" his chance to tease

"Not really. But yeah I would like to meet him, I bought lunch for him. Since this place doesn't allow any stranger to meet their boss"

"I bet they won't dare if they know who this lovely stranger is. Come with me" Manav said and held my hand and we both proceeded towards lift.

We reached outside Siddharth's cabin, his name was imprinted on the cabin's door.
We were about to get in, when we heard somebody yelling, "hey stop"

A man in his thirties, asked "You guys can't get in just like that."

"Ranjan she is..." Manav was about to introduce me but I stopped him in middle

"Is Siddharth, inside?" I spoke up.

"ofcourse he is. May I know who you are...Wait!! You are Payal?"

"Yeah"

"Actually, Siddharth is in meeting, no one is allowed to move in. But I can convey him about your arrival." Saying so he was about to get in, but I said it's ok. I handed the bag to Manav and said that I had to leave. He offered to drop me, but I refused. I was feeling bad that I couldn't meet him. Now how could I set things right between us.

I kept walking all these thoughts running in my mind and I didn't notice the stairs there. I was about to fall flat, but two strong arms held me. I opened my eyes and looked at the person, he was Siddharth.

"What are you doing here?" his first reaction

"He said you are in a meeting" I said irritatingly.

Siddharth caught my wrist, and started walking fast, "Where are you taking me?" I kept asking and he kept ignored

He stopped after some time and we were in a cellar. "Why are you here?" he asked in a serious tone.

"Not a good place to talk" I said looking around.

"Not a great attire even to enter my office building" he said pointing at me, basically my salwar suit. I couldn't open my mouth; he is not happy seeing me there, instead what bothered him was my attire.

I nodded my head and started walking to get away from his sight.
"Wait!!" hearing his voice, I turned to look at him, may be he wants to apologize for his words...

"Exit is this way" he said pointing to the other side of the cellar.
I am done with this guy and his damn attitude. I started walking towards the other side of the cellar, while he kept following me. I kept walking but I didn't find a way out, I was tired by now.

I stopped and turned, he was checking his phone. Anger towards him pumped up energy for my slower battery, I continued with my steps. But after few steps, I came to the end, but wait there is no exit route here. Did I miss the exit route anywhere in between? I mean I didn't understand much.

"You walked as I said, you are an obedient wife, I'm flattered" he said whispering in my ear.

"You fooled me?" my anger crossed its level

"Yeah!! And believe me it wasn't hard" he said smilingly

"Not at all funny, hear me out 'I hate you' " I said the last three words aloud and began walking to get out of this place. While the cellar echoed 'I hate you' for him, to hear again, clearly.

"Payal wait!! ....Stop for a second !!!" he kept repeating, but I was done with his pranks. After my few moves, he stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"I asked you to wait for a moment"

"Oh really!!! I don't care, I m really done with your pranks"

"Ok fine!! I'll drop you home, come sit in the car"

"With this attire Mr Ahluwalia? I think it would damage your image"

"I can handle that Mrs Ahluwalia, come" saying so he caught my wrist and made me sit in the car.

"You are rude, bad, dominant and and... spoilt man" I said massaging my wrist, his hold was too strong.

"I'm glad you noticed" he said making a grin.
Ahhhhhhhh, this man is on my nerves.

I saw Manav getting inside the car with the bag.
"What's going on?" I looked at Manav not understanding what these guys are upto.

"We are going to meet my Mom and dad" Siddharth spoke out.

"Actually, all the family members are to reunite on this festival, so we are going to join them all" Manav elaborated. But Manav didn't seem excited although Siddharth looked happy.