Chap 36

Payal’s POV

Next morning, I opened my eyes to witness a beautiful sight. Siddharth sleeping crossing his arms against his chest. I took a note of every feature of his, his eyes, his perfect sharp nose, his lips and his perfect gym body.
   How can a person be, so handsome?

I heard mom knocking on the door and calling my name. I quickly rushed ( Yeah!! Now I am able to) towards the door, and signalled mom to lower her voice and said that Siddharth had come last night and had fell asleep. Mom said “Ok ok!! I got some work, so I'll be back in an hour or two”

“Should I come along?” I asked

“No, I have already got a company, Mithali’s Mom”

Soon we heard the knock on the maindoor,"there she is” mom said to which I nodded.

I got back onto the bed and kept gazing at my husband. ‘My husband’ I repeated in my head and a smile escaped. I didn’t know how long I was staring at his sleepy figure but he opened his eyes and met with mine. I got conscious, I quickly lowered my eyes.

“You had a good sleep right?”

“One of the best sleeps, I ever had” I heard him say and he moved towards the washroom.

Even I used the other washroom and got fresh and went straight to the Kitchen. I started looking for things to make a delicious breakfast for him. Just then Siddharth appeared “What you are preparing?”

“What you wanna eat for breakfast?”

“Anything, you prepare. I’m real hungry”

“Ok, I'll make Omelette and sandwich for you” I said picking up bread.

“You need any help” he offered

“There’s nothing much to do, I’ll handle it all”

“Wait” saying so he caught my wrist.

“You stand this side and keep instructing me, I‘ll make it for both for us” he exchanged our places. I agreed.

He served a plate for me, I picked the slice and munched. He was looking at me to register my feedback, but I kept making faces and took my time, before I said “Its good, but it could have been better”

I still consider it as a compliment, saying so he took the slice I had a bite of and gulped it in one go.

“Hey!! that was mine”

“Even you are mine” he said and ate the other one too while I stupidly kept controlling my smile.

“You did this whole night or what?” he asked taking plate from my hands and finishing the balance left in it.

“What this?” I asked, not understanding what he meant.

“I noticed that you never take eyes off from your husband” he teased, a grin covered his lips.

“You have very wrong notions” I tried to escape from further embarrassment and turned to move but he caught my wrist and pulled me back and my back hit his chest, he held me with his one arm around my waist.

“Why my words tempt you to run away from me? Do they make you scared like uncomfortable or is it something else?” he questioned

I turned to face him and said “You were drunk last night”

“Did I do something wrong again?”

“No,No!!! you didn’t. It’s just that you shouldn’t be driving in that state.” His hold got loose on me and he moved a little away.

“So, that’s the reason you asked me to stay back, here, right?” he asked sounding low, all excitement in his voice was gone.

“Yeah!! But, what wrong did I do? Why you look….”

“That’s nothing, I got to go,bye” saying so he picked his jacket.

Now it was me who grabbed his wrist, “Why you are reacting this way? Did I say something wrong?”

“No, you are just perfect human and I’m the only fool left out” he released his hand from my hand gently and started working with his footwear.

“You can’t act this way, you got to talk to me..”

“Why should I?”

“Because I don’t understand, what made you upset”

“It’s you, your words and also your acts that had upset me. You Know, yesterday night, I was missing you, so I had a drink to compensate that, but then I couldn’t stop myself, so I gave a call, after hearing you I badly wished to see you at that moment, so I drove to your place and look what I get to hear from you at the end, even yesterday night you kept asking, why did I come. What you think my motto would have been, haan?” tears welled up in my eyes hearing his words filled of anger.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it that way”

“Please don’t cry. I got to go, we’ll talk later” he said

“When?” I asked

“Bye” the last thing he said before leaving the house.