Chap 14

Payal’s POV

After escaping my husband’s cage, I’m back in free air. Here there are no eyes to stare, nobody to question my next move, also no relationship to guard. I took classes for the students and during lunch when I was heading towards staff room, I had to turn when Arun called my name. Arun is my colleague here, he teaches Science while I’m busy with maths and moral science classes. Though we don’t talk often but we always cheer each other when we meet up.
“Hey!! I heard You got married?”
“ Yes, you heard it right. Its day before yesterday.”
“Oh!! I guess nobody has got an invitation here.” He said with a sad face
“Can we talk all of this while having lunch? I’m real hungry.” I said and we both settled in the staff room.
“So, who is the man?” – he started
His name is Siddharth. It was an arranged marriage and everything happened so quickly. We had a simple register marriage, that’s it." I answered quickly and wished he didn’t continue anything more about this.
“ Ok. That’s good, a simple wedding, marriage at register office. Nice.” – he said choosing his words carefully.To my relief, we talked other things relating to school administration and upcoming events. As we were about to finish our food, a clerk entered and said that Mr Shadar,( principal of the school) is expecting Arun in his office. Arun excused himself and even I came out of the staff room and moved towards the playground area. The Playground echoed all noises and smiles, some playing on seesaw and some were hiding behind the walls and enjoying their hide & seek, some girls had skipping ropes in their hands….
While I looked at the entire playground, its area seemed nothing compared to that place where I was living right now. I felt bad for the kids.
How my fate took a different turn before I could even react with all rational thinking..... The third time was really embarrassing and equally frightening for me, as I entered the house he was there talking to my mom and she had this continuous smile on her face.
“Who are you?” “ Maa(mom) you know him?” – I asked, trying to be polite.
“No, I don’t Know him, but he said he knows you.” – Mom answered.
“But I don’t know who is he.”- saying so I turned towards him  “See Mr I don’t know what you r chasing after but if you don’t stop all of your nonsense, let me warn you, I have commissioner number and he is very good relative of us too.” I said with much confidence
“Ok. I get it. Can we both have a talk together??” – He said, as if my warning was nothing more than a jingle to his ears. Before I could say something, he moved out of the house and I followed him with anxiety. I wanted to end this today, whatever he is up to. He stopped at his car which he parked in the narrow lane opposite to our house. Yes his looks and attire were enough to guess that he was some businessman and obviously it was his car, but what I wasn’t able to interpret is why he is after me. As far as I remember, the last time I looked at the mirror, I seemed no indifferent than before.
“Kaira” His voice brought me back to the present.
“What” – I questioned
“Kaira, Why are you doing this to us?” – He asked holding me by my shoulders
“Excuse me!! What the hell is wrong with you?? “You are trying to molest?” – I shouted getting off of his hold.
“What are you talking about, Kaira? Your parents, their state is miserable and look at me how happy do I seem to your eyes.. Ok!! Whatever it is we’ll sort it, I promise. Come lets go home.” – he said while I was trying to get a hint what he was talking all about and then he took me by my hand and opened his car door and asked me to get in.
I released my hand from his hold and stood away from his reach, he looked beaten and I could see tears in his eyes, his eyes they were red and blackspot beneath them. I raised my finger towards him and said “See I don’t know who you are. I don’t have an idea of what you trying to tell. Moreover what’s Kaira and …”
“Your name” he cut my speech. I was about to open my mouth and thuddddd…..

Echoing loud School bell has bought me back from my thoughts and I stood and moved towards the class that I had to continue with.

It was 4:30 P.M. and I adjusted all the school exam results paper in the shelf and started to move towards gate but stopped when I heard a voice, It was Arun and we both gave company to each other to cover few distance of walk. Arun has got a great sense of humour and he doesn’t fail to bring a smile on listener’s lips. Also not to forget he is the youngest handsome bachelor teacher of the school. Most of the lady teachers never miss a chance of impressing him, but he doesn’t heed at their acts. Some have even proposed him, but his answer for all proposals is pre decided, it’s ‘NO’.

“What did principle say, when you went to his office?” – I asked
“Ohh, that!!! It’s embarrassing, let’s talk something else.” – he said trying to change the topic
“If it is embarrassing, then you must tell me what it is, I’m in no intent to skip this.” – I said folding my arms to my chest.
“Ok!! It was Nalini and not Principle, she wanted to talk, so..”
“Nalini, isn’t she the new music teacher?”
“Yes. It’s her.”
“Wowww!! Did she propose you. Your Proposal graph is never stable man, it always moves and moves upwards.” - I said raising my arm in an slanting pose.
“May be. But it’s different this time, she has put forth special Proposal, ‘a one night stand’. Can you believe?” – he said making a weird face.
“What!!!” I said with an O mouth and we both burst into laughter.

I kept my promise...
How was that?? a new character Arun and many more to unfold....