13: dyers and keery got together

// 1232 words //

// inspired by habits by tove lo //

"GOTTA STAY HIGH ALL THE TIME TO KEEP YOU OFF MY MIND"

************

M I L L I E

"MILLIE." i hear sadie's voice breaking through the silence of the morning, making me groan and pull the blankets up higher. after what happened yesterday i went through the entire day without saying a single word, and as soon as i got home i collapsed on my bed. who needs a boyfriend when my bed can give me all the comfort i need?

i feel the sheets pulled out from under me and before i can react i'm sent off the bed, tangled up in my blanket. "fuck you sadie." i grumble, raising myself on my elbows and glaring up at my red-headed sister. 

she basically drags me out of the mess on blankets i'm in and shoves me in the bathroom. "you'd better get ready quickly! we have to leave in 15 minutes!" i see a pile of clothes on the rack through my tired eyes and i stumble towards them, still half asleep. sadie had picked out a white nike hoodie for me and black adidas shorts, knowing that i probably wasn't in the mood to dress up.

but really sadie? brand clashing?

i lazily throw on the clothes, and brush my teeth, not in the mood to take a shower and look at myself in the mirror. i wasn't a very insecure person, but i just never thought of myself as a pretty person. like i'd look at all my gorgeous friends and discreetly compare myself to them. i didn't have sadie's luscious, long hair. i wasn't as beautiful inside and out as loren was. i didn't have luna's perfect eyebrows. my eyes didn't look like pools of water like iris' did. there were many things i liked about myself as well, like my lean figure and rosy cheeks, but the insecurities sometimes overpowered those in my mind.

i lean in closer to the mirror to see the the big purple bruise was almost completely faded away, the last week i'd been covering it with makeup. taking a long, deep breath, i take one last look at myself before throwing my hair in a messy bun and stepping out of the bathroom.

just don't think about maddie. pretend yesterday never happened.

as soon i step into the hallway sadie shoves uggs on my feet, puts in backpack in my hands and lightly covers my bruise in foundation, all in the span of ten seconds. once i sling my backpack on my shoulders she gives me a banana, leaving me looking at her with a confused expression on my face.

sadie sighs as she pulls birkenstocks on her feet. "it's your breakfast. you took so damn long sleeping that you won't have enough time to eat."

i smile gratefully at her as i start peeling the banana and i almost choke on it when i realize something. "SHIT." i say running back to sadie and i's room to find that my homework isn't on my table and i turn around to see sadie holding out my completed physics worksheets.

"b-but..." i stutter staring at the papers. "i didn't do it last night... did i?"

sadie laughs and puts the worksheets in my hand. "i did it for you, you idiot! you came home acting like you were hungover and i knew that keery would yell at you if you did't have it done, so i took the liberty of doing it for you."

i pull sadie into a hug. "you know, you're acting more like a mother right now than a sister."

"well, you're physically incapable taking care of yourself so apparently i'm doing it now." sadie says, pulling me through the hallway and to the front door. "now, let's go!" she yells out a quick goodbye to my mom and her dad and we exit the house, surprised by the chill of the weather around us.