The start

The news was right, I had been knocked off the cliff, and I had landed below. As I drifted along in the cold water, I could see them all. I saw Evan going out of his mind from the thought of losing me, I saw Kenny destroy just about everything in his path.

Life was pulled away simple as that, what once was no longer mattered. Life was sucked from me, not any life my life. And so it goes.....

Music played in the restaurant, a catchy tune. I stared down at my soup stirring it repeatedly, trying to convince myself to eat it. I really had no appetite.

"Is everything ok with your food?" The waiter asked giving me the most sympathetic look. I raised an eyebrow wondering why I deserved that type of look.

"I just don't have much of an appetite, nothing against the food." I said resting my spoon against the side of the bowl softly.

The waiter was around my age I thought now that I was looking at him, tall lanky, dark brown hair, and brown eyes with an energetic way about himself. He was good looking in his own right, one of those model types I assumed. Maybe making his way through life on photo shoots and tips from the restaurant. I did not know, nor was it that appealing to me to find out.

"Is there any reason why you have no appetite, are you from around here?" He asked coming closer to the table, his hands flipping his paper tablet back and forth, as he waited for a reply.

I took a long breath really trying to think of something to say that sounded normal, because the difference between what was normal and what I wanted to say were very different.

"What's your name?" He asked before the first two questions were answered.

"My name is Gus." Gus said nearly knocking the young guy over as he pushed into the booth along with Naomi. They both held amusement in their eyes as they watched this waiter; he started to look less assertive and lifelike. He gave me one last glance before turning quickly and walking away.

"I am going to say I think you are smart enough to keep your mouth shut, is that right?" He asked eyeing me from across the table. His large hands palms down, his face a small grin. I knew what he was ready to do, I blinked back all my anger and rage and nodded my head, my hair spilling into my eyes.

They made their way out of the booth, Naomi grabbing my arm her nails digging into my wrist as we walked to the door to exit the small restaurant.

We hit the night air with a quickness our feet all making noise on the concrete, the city commotions filling my head with sounds of life and what the world was like. I walked along not sure what was to come next or how I even got to where I was.

"Get in." Gus bellowed his hand on the frame of the car door, a black Rolls Royce Phantom to be exact. I climbed in the back seat trying my best to steer clear of this Ct character that just gave me the creeps. He seemed to be a constant tag along to Gus and Naomi.

He leaned over me pulling my door shut, not saying a word to me as he did this. I crossed my arms holding on to myself for dear life. The car kicked into gear and we sailed away.

And we drove back to the house that was what seemed like miles out of the way, so many twists and turns, nothing but dirt roads after awhile. It was the only house on the road covered by trees and a huge brick wall of all things. No one probably knew it even existed; the house literally was ready for anything. Safer than a bomb shelter Gus always said when he was locking up for the night.