Never easy

It was morning, and I did not feel any better about the situation that I was in. My head pounded, I had a case of the worst hangover in history. I had spent almost the whole night on the dirty bathroom floor dry heaving into a nasty toilet bowl. Only to peel myself off the sticky blue tiles in the morning with indentations engraved across my face.

I wasn't happy; I didn't know what would make me happy. I doubted that I ever was, maybe I forced myself to believe it. Maybe I was overreacting because of how bad I pissed Evan off.

I was completely sure I was doomed when there wasn't a single call on my phone. This to me indicated he didn't care anymore.

Kenny sighed from where he sat in the chair, I had told him he could have the bed in between heaves but he refused like usual. I knew he was worried about me, even without admitting I knew it pained Kenny to see me upset and miserable.

"No calls." I reported sitting down sadly at the edge of the bed.

"From who?" Kenny asked still waking up. "Oh, you're talking about Evan."

I nodded holding back the waterworks.

"You know what, who gives a shit. I got some fun stuff we can do." He insisted standing up.

"I miss Oliver; I really don't understand why he has to punish the baby. He doesn't know why these things happened." I choked out.

Kenny paced the room trying to figure out how to stop me from having another emotional meltdown.

"Later today we can go back home, that way you can see Oliver. And if he says anything I'll do my best to beat the crap out of him ok?" He said kneeling at my feet; he took my hand in his. This I found a bit shocking for Kenny.

"Since when do you care so much?" I wondered.

"Will you just let it go; yes I do have feelings sometimes. But it's mostly when my brother is a dumbass and makes probably the worst mistake of his life and hurts you." He blurted out shocked himself, he slowly lifted himself up, Taking off to the bathroom. As the door shut I smiled, it felt good to see someone on my side. And to know I wasn't this horrible person that I felt like on the inside.

"So what are the plans you got going on?" I called out from the other side of the door.

Kenny opened it coming out; I wondered if he was in there dying of embarrassment from his emotional outburst.

"I just have one favor to ask you today." Kenny started.

I raised an eyebrow waiting.

"Please have an open mind on what we are going to be doing today." He said.

I sighed giving him a nod. What did I have to lose?