Letter 10

Eve,

When I first met you in the woods, I wasn't looking at the next victim. I was looking at this being that simply stopped me in my tracks. It was only natural to go against the rules and keep you around. I knew I needed to find out more about this drunken underage girl, I knew that there was something there that would make me stupid and have me make the wrong choice, but I didn't care. I knew you were everything that I needed, wanted, had to have. My mind went nuts thinking I could never be with you as I wanted, because I was so worried you would shut down the minute you knew who I was. I was a liar at times trying to keep my story safe afraid to let you go when I was getting so close to you so fast, the more I knew you the more I wanted to lie and just live in a fake idea with you. I don't think you will ever know how much I liked you; I liked you enough to be whatever you wanted. I remember all those times you assured me I meant more to you then all the bad in the world. I have seen you many times look away as I tore people's lives apart, even when I tore your own. I know how strong a person you are and I know how much you just want to be accepted and loved. Your one of the greatest people I've ever known simply because you want nothing more than to be you, you want to live and enjoy what you have, and you want to understand all that is going on around you. You want to accept that even when life sucks it still can be beautiful, you try so hard to be all that and even when you fail and are miserable and depressed you still know in the back of your mind that there is hope for you some place in the big giant world. So how could I just give up on you when you don't ever give up on anything?

"Eve." Sandy the owner of Edgar Allen's said from the office door. I jumped up quickly smoothing out my dress shirt and heading in the small office.

Sandy shut the door quickly behind her taking a seat at her desk, papers scattered here and there. A couple cases of beer in the corner of the room it was everything I envisioned it to be.

She ran her hands through her long dark hair looking over my application. Which wasn't the best, seeing I had no experience that I knew of. Owen had put a good word in for me and he told me that although Sandy was tough she was also fair and kind.

She was an attractive woman in her early forties, not a single wrinkle skin like fleshy ceramic so smooth but tan. Long and lanky a nice body that looked like it did yoga all the time from the looks of it. She didn't dress her age she looked as if she and I both dressed from the same closet. If only I looked half as good as she did at her age.

"Owen told me a little about your situation, I am willing to take a chance and let you bartend here." She said setting my application down on her desk. She tapped her fingers studying me carefully.

"You're a beautiful girl we don't have a uniform code per say, dress sexy that's what gets you the most tips and keeps me happy." She said looking at me for some form of protest.

"That shouldn't be a problem." I said nodding. I was willing to do what it took to stay independent.

"Then I will see you tonight?" She asked looking at the old brown clock that hung crooked on the wall.

"Fine with me, I am looking forward to it." I said beaming, I shook her hand.

She leaned back in her seat relaxed; it was obvious she wasn't done.

"I read about you in the paper, and I caught a lot of news on TV about you. You're lucky to be alive according to all those reporters. How do you deal?" She asked.

She was honestly the first stranger that cared enough to ask, it made me a bit nervous but at the same time relieved to talk to someone that really had no bias on me, well maybe she did I wasn't so sure though.