In the jar

Micheal pushed with all his strength shoving her shoulder against the heavy wooden door. He knew she was in there, if she wasn't she was lost to the world. With one last heav he manganged to  open the door. 

"That's it." He exclaimed, his pale skin turned a soft shade of blue as the door opened. He looked down at himself with widened green eyes. The blue light in the room was casting its shadow on him. 

He looked in to see hundreds of jars all different sizes filled with creatures from all over the universe. A jar directly across from him was filled with neon blue butterflies. He began to make his way towards it his eyes trained only on that jar. He stalked towards it. He ran a hand through his dark hair, the blue light gave it a soft glow as he reached for the jar he heard pounding on a glass from another part of the room. 

He turned to see her.

Her blonde hair and gold speckled eyes, her fair skin and beautiful features. He raced towards her. She was in a large jar, the lid sealed shut. He grabbed for his pocket knife and brought it down on the glass. 

A large crack ran across the tinted glass.

"I'll get you out of here." He whispered as he hit it again then once again. Soon the glass shattered. He pulled her from the jar as it crashed to the ground. He pulled her close to his body. "Shh..it's okay." He whispered as she shuttered in his hold. 

"Micheal...it...if you would have touched the jar..with the butterflies you would have become part of the...collection. His collection..."

"No...all these things here..are living and he's just taken them...." 

"Yeah..." she whispered when she heard footsteps. "We need to get out of here." She cried pulling on his shirt. "The window."

"But all these...these creatures?"

"That butterflies, can you break the jar? If it breaks the other jars do." She said. He nodded and cautiously made his way towards it. He found a small rope in his bag and wrapped it around the jar and pulled it off the shelf. 

It tumbled through the air until it hit the ground shattering into hundreds of peices. The butterflies became dust. They were never real. Suddenly all the other jars dissipated into thin air the creatures with in them escaping through the open door. Hundreds of different species worldly or alien stampeded the owner of the house of the collection. 

Micheal boosted Stephanie out the window then climbed out himself as they heard the angry yells of the man responsible. 

The collector.