The Monarch

Buy the image on my redbubble as a phone  cover, prints, or stickers!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/dawnoftheagez/works/33055214-butterfly?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

——-feel free to use the photo for a writing prompt! ——-

As she woke her eyes fluttered open, her coronation was today, as a fairy princess she had authority to bring her people the happiness they deserved. She frantically dressed being sure to be careful around her wings. 

She was one of the last monarch winged fairies. She was a dying breed, and she knew it. Her dress was a pail pink to emphasize her blueberry colored eyes. Her ginger hair was put up in two small braids.

She put on her princess crown the sparkling gems were shining in the early morning light. 

She fluttered to her post by her mother, the queen. 

The coronation soon began to take place. She kneeled in front of her mother as she began to make her speech. 

Her mother's wings were becoming pale and weak with age, the usual bright orange was replaced with a dull sun dried peach, her wings drooped no longer fluttering strong like they had when she first took her place as ruler of the fairy kingdom. 

"I hereby decree my daughter Mora the queen of the fairy realm, may her wings flutter til her last days and her rule be gentle but strict." 

"Long love the queen!" They called.

Mora smiled as she stood her wings fluttering as her crown was replaced with a much larger one, the girl's hands wrapped around the septor, she was their queen, she would rule them like her mother. 

She would prove to her father, may he Rest In Peace, that she was worth the many years of training that she had been put through. 

She would be the greatest queen of them all.