Part 10: Romance me

Rosie had dreaded this the moment she saw that god forsaken folder with dry macaroni art on the cover. Her wedding was going to end up a circus. She loves her mother, don't get her wrong but…some of her ideas were just a little too out there.

"Um...Mom I'm not arriving to my wedding in a pumpkin style coach." Rosie stated after reading over the wedding plans.

"Why not?" Normani asked sadly.

"Because it's a fricking pumpkin style coach!" Rosie yelled in frustration.

Dinah then reached out and slapped her upside the head.

"Ow! Ma!"

"Don't yell at your mother." She warned.

"Sorry mom...but I'm not having any vegetable styled transport to take me to my wedding." Rosie told her.

Normani just sat there and pouted then mumbled something that sounded a lot like

"Fine just ruin all my dreams and happiness."

"Mom." Rosie sighed.

"No, no it's fine." Normani mumbled.

Rosie looked desperately at her Ma for help. Dinah just smirked and shook her head. Rosie glared at her Ma. She was in a pickle, she didn't want to upset her mom but she really...really didn't want a fricking pumpkin coach!

"How about I think about it ok?" Rosie relented.

Normani's face brightened up with a big smile and Rosie just cringed.

"So did you and Grace pick out some nice rings?" Normani asked.

"We had a look but we didn't buy anything yet."

"Why not? How are people supposed to know that you're engaged?" She asked.

"Mom don't panic we will get some rings…and besides I want it to be a surprise so I didn't want to get something while Grace was with me." Rosie replied.

"Oooh can I go with you?" Normani asked excitedly.

"Um…sure."

"Aww Rosie you're so grown up…getting rings and getting married! Dinah I want another baby." Normani sighed.

Dinah nearly choked on her drink when she heard that, Rosie didn't even attempt to hide her amusement.

"No more kids Mani." Dinah coughed.

Normani sighed.

"Speaking of kids…does this marriage mean that Gracie is up for having a baby?" Dinah asked.

Rosie looked a little unsure.

"She said she was."

"You don't believe her?" Normani asked with a hint of concern.

"I don't know…I mean…it was kind of sudden I think with Aunty Lauren's heart attack she kind of panicked." Rosie admitted.

"Well then why are you getting married if you don't think she is ready?" Dinah asked.

"I'm marrying her because I love her Ma."

"I know you do but what about wanting a family?"

"We said we'd talk about it more after her championships. I think she needs some easing into it before we start looking for donors and anyway she wants to get married first before we have kids." Rosie replied.

Normani and Dinah shared a concerned look.

"Guys don't worry so much." She told them though she didn't particularly sound all that convincing.