Part 14: kiss and make up

"I touch the fire and it freezes me.
I look into it and it's black.
Why can't I feel?
My skin should crack and peel.
I want the fire back"

Lauren sang softly as she wandered around the kitchen as she made her breakfast. Camila came into the room and just sighed. It had been three days since 'the argument' and Lauren and Dinah hasn't spoken a word to each other. The day after it happened, Camila had told Lauren to go talk to her but she refused. Normani did the same but Dinah refused too. They were both too stubborn for their own good. Camila and Normani had met up that afternoon to apologize and to try and get their wives to do the same but to no avail.

"Lauren...just talk to her. I know this is upsetting you." Camila sighed.

"No it's not." Lauren mumbled stubbornly.

"Babe your singing Walk Through The Fire. You only do that when something is upsetting you." Camila replied.

"It's a catchy tune camz and it got stuck in my head that's all."

Camila just looked disbelievingly at her wife.

"I was watching it last night." Lauren reasoned

"No you weren't you were watching that other show about spaceships and cowboys or whatever it was." Camila replied.

"It's called Firefly Camila I've told you that like a billion times." Lauren huffed.

"Whatever...look just go over there and talk to her. She's your best friend." Camila sighed once again.

"I'm not going anywhere. She's the one who needs to apologize." Lauren replied.

"Why can't you just be the bigger person here Lauren? Go talk to her." Camila asked.

"These endless days are finally ending in a blaze.
And we are caught in the fire.
The point of no return.
So we will walk through the fire and let it. Burn!"

Lauren sang loudly as she stormed out of the kitchen. Camila just sighed and sat down.

-

"Come on Dinah please just talk to her." Normani sighed.

"Nope." Dinah replied popping the 'p' at the end of the word.

"She's your best friend."

"Well then she should have kept her mouth shut." Dinah replied as she headed into the kitchen.

"It was an accident." Normani reminded her.

"Don't care...look Mani I'm not going to apologize she should apologize to me then maybe I'll consider talking to her again but until she does that then no deal." Dinah replied.

"But she did apologize." Normani reminded her.

"She needs to do it again because that was a half assed apology and let's not forget her telling everyone about us in the choir room that woman needs to glue her mouth shut or something. It has never done her or anyone any good." Dinah rambled as she got her coffee.

"You weren't saying that ten years ago." Normani mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing, just please go over there and just talk to her." Normani replied.

"Can't, I gotta work oh well." Dinah replied as she picked up her briefcase, kissed Normani's cheek and then walked out of the house.

Normani just sighed.

-

Early that morning found Rosie sat on her bed as she waited for Grace to wake up. Rosie was super excited and was at the point where she was willing to just throw a bucket of water on her fiancée to wake her up. But she thought better of that and just decided to poke her in the stomach a few times. Pouting, when that didn't work Rosie got a better idea and poked her somewhere else...south of her stomach. That worked.