Part 27: Engagement Party

I guess I'm just having a good day :)

P.s this chapter is longer then the previous one

************************************

It was a cool Saturday afternoon when friends and family began to arrive for the engagement party of Grace Cabello-Jauregui and Rosie Jane-Hamilton. The couple themselves were yet to arrive as they had gotten...distracted and were running a bit late to their own party but all is good since Dinah and Lauren were there to make sure everyone was well fed and no one was left without a drink in hand.

At the moment Camila and Lauren were sitting with Beth and baby David. Camila was holding the boy in her arms and was pulling funny faces at him making him giggle. Lauren's little finger was wrapped tightly in David's little hand.

"So how are you feeling about tonight?" Lauren asked with a smirk.

"Ugh don't remind me." Beth sighed.

"I know it's hard but you'll get through it." Lauren replied.

"How? How can I?" Beth asked dramatically.

"Trust me you will." Camila added.

"Yeah...I mean after a few minutes you'll be fine...I was." Lauren spoke up.

"Pfft...babe don't lie." Camila mumbled under her breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lauren huffed.

"The first time we left Gracie with Dinah and Normani to go on our date you cried like a little baby the whole time. You even called them up every five minutes and let's not forget the spectacle you made when Gracie moved out for college." Camila replied.

Beth just laughed quietly to herself after hearing that and seeing Lauren's epic pout. Tonight would be Beth's first time away from her baby. Her husband Jeff could only stay for a few hours because he had work early the next day and so he was dropping their son off at his parent's for the night.

"You're so mean to me Camz." Lauren huffed before getting up and walking away.

Camila just rolled her eyes and went back to playing with the little baby in her arms.

"You're not going after her?" Beth asked.

"No need...she'll be back...I give her five minutes and she'll be back here all smiles and apologises." Camila shrugged.

Beth just chuckled and nodded.

"Hey Camila...can I ask you something?" Beth nervously said.

"Sure."

"I um...it's about Lauren and you."

"Ok." Camila nodded getting curious about what it was Beth wanted to ask.

"It's just...we've gotten really close these last ten or so years and it's not just me and Lauren but it's me and you and Gracie, Toby and Charlie a-and...well we're all pretty much a big family anyways...so" Beth rambled.

"Beth...just say whatever it is you want to say...ok?" Camila told her sweetly.

"Right...um." Beth nodded.

Taking a big breath she just went for it.

"I was...do you think...would it be ok if...I were to refer to you guys as...my mothers?" Beth hesitantly asked.

Camila was slightly shocked at that. Well not so much that Beth wanted Lauren to be her mother because technically they are biologically related and Lauren did give birth to her. She was just a little shocked that Beth considered her to be her mother too.