Part 42 : Drunken fools

A few weeks later

After learning the truth about that fateful night at the Christmas Party Becky could finally work on finding some closure and move on. Of course knowing that she wasn't a willing participant of that night had thrown the blonde. At first she blamed herself for being so stupid and that she had it coming that it was just karma coming back after all the horrible things she said and did when she was young. But Hannah refused to let her wife think this. She made her go to her therapy sessions and get help dealing with this.

Hannah even came to some sessions with Becky and she even went by herself. Hannah had felt so guilty and horrible for what she had put her wife through. She couldn't forgive herself for doing the exact same thing Becky's parents did. She had kicked her wife out; she had tried to force her out of her life with the divorce all because of something that wasn't her fault. Diane tried to explain to the Aussie that she had no idea of what really happened that night and therefore she can't feel guilty for the way she reacted at the time.

It was just a very bad time for the Marshal family. They tried to not let it affect their boys they had already been through enough. But they could tell something wasn't right they just didn't know what.

It was obviously going to take time for this whole mess to be put to rest and a part of it will always live with them because something like this never truly goes away. You just have to learn to live with it and not let it consume you. So that is what Becky had decided to do. She was so tired. She wanted her life back. She didn't want Valerie to have that power over her Becky was stronger than that. So she focused on the here and now and left her past where it belonged...in the past.

"Your birthday is coming up soon. Anything in particular you want?" Becky asked her wife.

They were currently cuddled up together in the living room. Their two boys were sitting on the floor happily watching the movie that was on TV.

"You don't have to get me anything." Hannah replied.

"You say that every year. It just makes my life more difficult because I then have to run around like an idiot trying to find something." Becky huffed.

Hannah just chuckled.

"I don't know...I need a new bra you can get me that." She shrugged.

"A sexy bra? Oooh I could totally get you a teddy." Becky whispered into her wife's ear with a smirk.

Hannah just bit get bottom lip and giggled.

"You can get me anything you want." She replied.

"Noted." Becky nodded.

-

Lauren walked down the hallways carrying the washing basket she had just come from her own room and was heading to Charlie's. Her daughter was out at the theatre with her rehearsals all day so Lauren went into her room to gather any dirty washing.

Normally Charlie was pretty anal about keeping her room clean but lately she has been a little lazy. Lauren could understand though her daughter spent so much time with her rehearsals she was always so tired when she got home. Fortunately Frankie had kept his word...at least so far. Charlie still raved about him which Lauren found difficult to stomach but she never let on when her daughter talked about him.

Lauren picked up a handful of clothes that were on the floor and started sorting through it making sure nothing was in any of the pockets when she came across something that should not be in a pile of her daughter's laundry! Lauren was horrified she threw the offending item on Charlie's bed then stormed into the girl's bathroom and searched the cabinet draws only to find more evidence of what she feared.