Part 36: Babies

Grace sat on the floor with Beth and baby David as he played with some of his toys and rolled around not having a care in the world. Grace had decided to get some advice because Rosie's tests results will be back and they'll soon know when she's ovulating and then bam they'll start the IVF treatment. Of course no one knows about this...except for Becky and Hannah.

"So how's everything going?" Grace asked.

"What do you mean?"

"With being a mom...is it...everything you thought it would be?" Grace nervously asked, trying to sound nonchalant about it.

Beth gave her a suspicious look but didn't say anything about it.

"Well...it's pretty much the best thing I've ever done. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without him now." Beth honestly replied.

Grace just smiled and nodded.

"It's exciting...I mean I can't wait till he starts walking and talking...or when he first starts school...falls in love and all of that." Beth continued.

"Starts driving." Grace added.

"Yeah...no my baby will never drive." Beth replied.

Grace just laughed.

"That's one thing I am not looking forward to...that and the whole 'sex talk'...his father can do that." Beth added.

"Ugh I love Rosie but I'm not sure she's the right one to do that for our kids...but then I don't want to do it either." Grace replied.

Beth chuckled and nodded.

"It's just awkward I remember my parents trying to talk to me about it. It was so embarrassing."

Grace just gave her a 'bitch, please' look.

"Have you met our mother? I can guarantee you it was worse than what you went through. I had to go through it twice."

"Why twice?" Beth asked in amusement.

"Because the first time mom did it I hadn't come out yet so she was talking about a flower or some garden and then there was a bee or a snake and she kept using the word fornication...trust me if I wasn't already gay that explanation alone would have turned me in an instant." Grace cringed.

Beth just laughed.

"Then I came out and so mom decided to talk to me about lesbian sex...thankfully she and Ma just gave me some pamphlets that time." Grace added.

"Wow...I do not envy you." Beth laughed.

"Thanks."

"So when are you and Rosie gonna start trying for kids?" Beth asked as she picked David up and placed him on her lap.

"Um...w-well...not right now. Maybe in a few months we'll...start looking into it." Grace mumbled avoiding eye contact she wasn't the world's greatest liar.

Beth just smiled and nodded.

"Well good luck for when you two crazy girls start trying."

"Thanks...I'm kinda excited about it you know? Like...before I was so nervous about being a mom...it sounded so...grown up and scary but now...I can't wait to have a gorgeous pregnant wife carrying our baby." Grace gushed.

"Aww Gracie...that's adorable." Beth chuckled.

Grace just blushed and looked down hiding her smile.

"So she's definitely carrying the baby?" Beth asked.

"Absolutely. Nothing on this earth will ever make me change my mind about that. I will never get pregnant." Grace chuckled.