Part 21: Stay with me

The drive to the police station was done in silence as Camila drove, Lauren sat in the passenger's seat and Dinah in the back seat. Charlie had to stay behind and look after Ella. The three women had no idea what had happened. Toby didn't say, only that he had been arrested and that he was sorry. Everything was going through Lauren and Camila's minds as they thought of all these different scenarios to explain why their son had been arrested.

Camila parked the car and they headed into the police station. Dinah took over and told them who she was and that they were there to speak with Toby. After some harsh words between Dinah and the Chief of police they let Toby out of the holding cell and into a private room so he could speak to his mothers and his lawyer.

The three of them sat and waited for him to arrive, his two mothers nearly cried when they saw him come into the room handcuffed. His right hand all busted and bruised and he had a black eye and split lip. When the police officer left the two women wrapped him up into a big hug.

"Toby what happened?" Camila asked first.

The young man just sighed and sank down into the chair. Lauren and Camila pulled their chairs up next to him on either side.

"The Chief said you were arrested for assault." Dinah mumbled from her spot by the door.

Toby just shook his head and scoffed.

"Toby what happened?" Lauren repeated her wife's question.

"Someone needs to go to the hospital and make sure Maya's ok." He finally spoke.

All three looked confused. Toby just sighed, he really didn't want to have to talk about what happened because then that makes it real and he really didn't want it to be real. Lauren could see her son struggling but they needed to know.

"Toby please…just tell us." She softly spoke.

"Maya…her fiancé has been beating her and Rosie told me she was at the hospital so I went to go check on her and when I got there she…I just saw red and I just snapped. I would have fucking killed him if Maya hadn't of stopped me." He replied.

No one knew what to say after that.

"I'll call Normani and Rosie." Dinah mumbled before she quickly stepped out of the room.

"Toby…w-why didn't you say something?" Camila asked.

"Because I didn't know for sure Ma she never out right told me. She refused my offers to help but I couldn't just sit there and do nothing!" He yelled getting angry.

"But going in there and beating someone up doesn't help anyone." Camila replied.

"You didn't see her Ma! She was…If I hadn't of been there she would probably be dead right now!" He yelled back.

"Toby stop yelling." Lauren butted in.

The man just sighed in frustration.

"I just want to know if she's ok." He replied.

"We will find out for you. Dinah will get Mani and Rosie to go there and they will let us know." Camila reassured him.

"I don't understand why you were arrested. Shouldn't that asshole be the one who is arrested?" Lauren asked.

"Apparently he is the one who called the police…he told them that I broke in to their apartment and it was me who attack them both and that he saved Maya from me…and because I was the one who doesn't really have any injuries...also he's a fucking rich bitch they take his word for it." Toby told them sounding incredibly bitter.

"What?" Camila yelled.

"That's bullshit!" Lauren added.

Dinah came back into the room at this point not looking very happy.