Part 56: Come, Josephine, In My Flying Machine

3 chapters left....

************************************

Dinah paced around her office silently fuming as she gnawed away at her thumb nail while her assistant tried to calm her down.

She couldn't believe what she had gotten herself into, obviously it was all Lauren's fault. Stupid hoe bag had to go out and make this awesome romantic gesture for her wife and there was no way she was going to be upstaged by Lauren Fucking Jauregui. So here she was booking herself and her lovely wife on a trip up in a hot air balloon to see the sun rise and probably die by falling out of the basket. Knowing her luck she'll end up going down in history as that old lesbian who died in that freak hot air balloon disaster with her wife being the sole survivor.

"You could make like a picnic for breakfast with fresh fruit and bagels or something." Emily suggested.

"That's too common. Lauren's taking Mila to fucking Paris to renew their vows a stupid picnic isn't going to cut it." Dinah grumbled.

"Well why don't you renew your vows too?" Emily asked.

"Because then Lauren will just accuse me of copying her." Dinah huffed before practically throwing herself onto her couch in a defeated heap.

"And anyways I pretty much renew our vows every time we have sex so the whole ceremony crap would be pointless." Dinah added.

"Oh um...um...o-ok." Emily laughed nervously and tried not to blush.

"Ugh I hate Lauren!" Dinah grumbled.

"Can I just ask...why is it so important that you have to do something even more romantic?" Emily carefully asked.

"Because it's always been this way and I'll be damned if that idiot upstages me!" Dinah hissed.

"I thought she was your best friend."

"She is and I love her dearly...but that bitch is going down! I hope her stupid ship hits an ice berg and Mila refuses to share the broken door with her!" Dinah replied.

Emily just nodded not really knowing what she was talking about, she gave up trying to understand the relationship between her boss and her best friend a long time ago. They had been trying to come up with something all morning after Emily booked them a spot on a rainbow coloured balloon. Dinah was insistent that it was a rainbow. But the two could not come up with anything else that could top a fucking cruise across the Atlantic and renewing wedding vows in fucking Paris.

"You know it's a shame that they put back the date for commercial space flights because of that disaster a few years back because otherwise you could have taken your wife to the moon or something." Emily thought out loud.

"Um no…god Em I barely even like flying in a plane there is no way you'll get me up in space!" Dinah paled.

"But think how awesome it would be…it would be better than Paris." Emily added.

"Yeah well it's not gonna happen and even if I wanted to or could do it, it costs like a couple of million dollars." Dinah replied with a huff.

-

Charlie handed Ben his bottle of water as he came over to sit next to his girlfriend for his half hour break. He had been offered a job teaching ballet to kids at the local YMCA at first he didn't think he could do it, that he didn't have enough courage to teach a bunch of kids how to dance but after his first week he loved it.

Just before his break he had been teaching a small group of five year olds which was challenging because they just had no coordination but they were super adorable. They all wanted to impress their parents who watched on throughout the class. The little kids were easy although challenging at times when they would get upset because they couldn't do something properly. It was the teenagers that were tricky especially when Ben didn't have a whole lot of self-confidence he was getting better but he was still a little socially awkward. The classes were pretty much all girls and let's be honest here Ben is a very attractive 20 year old with awesome arms and abs so it was no surprise that half of his students were crushing on him and it wasn't just the girls the few boys in the class were crushing on him too so that made things awkward.