Part 46 : Two heart beats

Grace lay on the hospital bed while Rosie nervously held onto her hand. Rosie was so nervous and excited she was pretty sure she would pass out from anticipation. Grace was pretty calm at the moment the whole thing was just mind boggling to her that she was carrying a baby inside her stomach and now they would finally get to see it. It kinda made everything more real, at first it freaked her out but now she kinda looked forward to seeing how much their baby has grown.

"You ready to see our baby?" Grace asked with a bright smile.

"Yeah." Rosie nodded quickly.

Grace just chuckled.

"Don't be nervous Rosie."

"I'm not."

Grace just looked at her.

"Ok maybe I am...a little tiny bit nervous." Rosie admitted sheepishly.

"Don't be everything will be fine." Grace reassured her.

Rosie just nodded and then jumped when the door opened and their doctor came in.

"Hey Gloria." Rosie smiled.

"Rosie, Grace. It's good to see you both. I hope this one has been treating you like a queen." She smiled warmly at the couple and nodded to Rosie.

Grace just chuckled and nodded.

"She has been amazing."

Rosie smiled proudly at herself. Gloria just rolled her eyes at the young doctor's modesty.

"Alright ready to see your baby?" She asked with a grin.

Grace and Rosie nodded, Rosie tightening her grip on Grace's hand ever so slightly. Gloria set everything up and placed the ultrasound thingy onto Grace's slightly protruding belly. Rosie nearly burst into tears when she heard the heartbeat of her son or daughter for the first time. She did cry when she saw the first few images of their baby though. She'll probably cry every time.

"Wow." Rosie mumbled, it still amazed her that this was actually happening.

"I know right." Grace replied in wonderment as she stared at the screen. Though she wasn't entirely sure what she was looking at.

"Hmm." Gloria added looking at the monitor lost in concentration.

This slightly worried Rosie.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'm not sure...hang on." She replied then moved the scanning thing.

Both women were getting slightly worried now.

"Talk to me Gloria you've got your serious face on. Is there something wrong?" Rosie asked.

"Sorry...ok I know you're off duty today but I've got a short lesson for you." She replied.

"What? What the fuck just tell me if there is something wrong!" Rosie was getting pissed.

"Calm your tits and just listen." She told her.

Rosie reluctantly did as she said.

"What am I listening too?" She asked impatiently.

"Just listen to the heartbeat." Gloria told her trying not to give anything away.

Rosie huffed but continued to listen. Then suddenly she caught on to what was going on.

"No fucking way." She mumbled.

Grace was very confused and worried at this point.

"What? What is it?" She asked.

"Are you sure?" Rosie asked.