Chapter 5 - Lightshine

"Sorry guys, but your time in here is done. I have to see the new Jade Winglet now." Sunny apologized, checking the clock on the wall. "You're in the library with the Quartz winglet."

I wonder what winglet Light's in. I forgot to check.

Indigo, Rose and I walked together to the library. I saw a female SeaWing, a male MudWing with some odd red scales, most likely a hybrid, a male SkyWing, a male IceWing, a male NightWing, a male SandWing, and there she was. "Light!" I called. "DARKSHINE!" She shrieked. "Who's this?" Indigo asked.

"I'm Light. Darkshine's sister. Who are you?"

"What have you done since you got here? And I'm Indigo. Shine's clawmate." Indigo flicked her wings.

"What have you done, Darkshine?" Light inquired

"We checked our winglet, went to sleep, met our winglet, and told interesting things about ourselves. The weird looking SandWing is Sahara, the extremely cruel looking IceWing is Igloo, the MudWing and the SkyWing are Alligator and Copper. And you?"

Light laughed. "My winglet's here. The only other female in my winglet is Cascade. The SeaWing. Then the NightWing is Battlestopper. He's pretty nice, I've seen him around the rainforest. The IceWing is Chill– we've already joked about his name for half an hour. He's not in the circles, and lives in Sanctuary. Really nice for an IceWing. The MudWing is Ash, Clay's son. Oh, Cascade is Tsunami's daughter. He's almost like a typical MudWing, but he lives with his parents, who love him. The SandWing, Thistle, is kinda boring, but really opinionated at times. And the SkyWing is Lightning. I think he likes me." She made a face. This time, Indigo, Rose and I laughed.

"I know Cascade. She's also an animus, and my cousin. She's fierce, sometimes violent, and impossible to embarrass or hurt. Don't get on her bad side." Indigo advised Light. "Sounds like her!" Light said cheerfully.

"Hey, wanna read this scroll? It's about the dragonets." Suggested Rose. We sat down and read:

The Dragonets of Destiny.

The Prophecy has chosen five dragonets to save the world and choose a SandWing Queen. The dragonets are:
SandWing: Sunny
SeaWing: Tsunami
RainWing: Glory
NightWing: Starflight
MudWing: Clay

They have allowed Blaze to live, under Queen Thorn's rule. Sunny's egg was buried in the desert, near the Scorpion Den, Tsunami's egg was stolen from Queen Coral's Royal Hatchery, Glory's egg was taken from the Rainforest the night before the brightest night, Starflight's egg was given as part of the prophecy, and Clay's egg was sold for two cows.

We didn't read any further. "Sold? That's AWFUL!" Cried Rose. "Not quite as awful as stolen!" Indigo objected.

"WORSE THAN STOLEN!"

"No, but what kind of mother leaves her egg, buried in the sand?"

"Maybe it's common for SandWings?"

"THE NIGHTWING JUST GAVE UP AN EGG! TERRIBLE!"

We argued back and forth about which was the worst. And no one noticed when Igloo slipped behind us and took Indigo's diamond earring.

No one but me.