Chapter 41 - Marine

Marine's parents did not like the idea of lesbians.

In fact, they despised it. So when they were invited to Queen Anemone and Princess Tamarin's wedding, the invitation was shredded, spit on, and thrown in the flames.

That night, Marine asked her friend for a favour. Her parents would never let her go to the wedding, and so she asked her best male friend, Dolphin, if she could go with him. She would tell her parents that they were on a date, and they would, of course, let her go.

The plan went smoothly. It had been a first experience for Marine, going somewhere without her parents knowing she was there.

But as time passed, it happened more often. Her parents complained more.

One month after the wedding, Jade Mountain Academy was about to start up again, and Marine was supposed to go. Her parents led her to the surface and the three of them flew to a small island.

They were greeted by a male SeaWing-RainWing hybrid. "Hello," he said casually.

"Hello. Umm, may we see the leader of the rebellion?" Asked Marine's mother, smiling.

Marine's mind was spinning. Rebellion... for what?

She didn't have to think very hard to guess.

"Yes, ma'am. Names, please." The hybrid demanded.

"I'm Atlantis. My husband, Pacific, and our daughter, Marine." Marine's mother replied.

She frowned. "Mother, aren't we supposed to go to Jade Mountain? With Dolphin?"

Atlantis sighed. "Well, you were enrolled... but two of your teachers are the queen and her wife. I don't want you hanging around them, just in case they influence you."

Pacific smirked. "We're staying with the Hydro Rebellion."

The hybrid, who's name was Rainfall, led them into a small cave. Before Marine knew it, she was in a place resembling a castle, and it was full of dragons of all ages and tribes.

She was in serious trouble.

.............................

"Hey, Fate." Called a voice from around the corner. Qibli walked up to her. "So, who's not here yet?"

"Hmm, let me check." She said, pulling out a scroll. She passed it to a flying clam, which carried it away. She proceeded to pass scrolls along.

"Enchanted by Anemone?" Qibli asked. She nodded. "They bring messages and objects to specific caves."

Soon, she sat with eight scrolls on her desk.

"Okay. Quartz Winglet: Ash is here. Battlestopper is here. Cascade is here. Chill is here. Lightning is here. Lightshine is here. And Thistle is here."

Qibli grinned. "Wow, alphabetical order?" She nodded.

"Silver Winglet: Alligator is here. Copper is here. Darkshine is here. Indigo is here. Rosebud is here. Sahara is here. Stormchaser is here."

"Jade Winglet..." She continued reading through all of them. The SeaWing in the Platinum Winglet and the IceWing in the Ruby Winglet are missing." Fatespeaker finally said.

"What are their names?" Asked Qibli worriedly.

"Marine and Inukshuk." She replied. She pulled out another scroll and released it.

A few moments later the scroll came flying around the corner, Anemone herself behind it. Technically speaking, the queens of the SeaWings should have been in the Sea Kingdom, but Anemone wasn't like other queens.

"Who's not here?" She asked, sounding concerned. "A SeaWing named Marine and an IceWing named—" Qibli didn't even get to finish his sentence.

"Marine? She came to our wedding, without her parents. She said they didn't want her to be influenced by Tam and I. I wonder if she didn't come because her parents wanted to cancel." Anemone said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, we thought so too, but they could at least tell us." Fatespeaker pointed out. "I mean, we can't have the worry that comes with this. We already have a lot of panic here." She looked aside, thinking of her best friend.

"What about Inukshuk?"

"I'm sure they're fine." Reassured Qibli. "Don't tell the other students."

"I'll send a message to Marine's family and Inukshuk's family." Volunteered Fatespeaker. Anemone nodded as she got out a scroll. Fatespeaker scribbled something on it, tore it into two pieces, and released both. They flew in opposite directions.