Chapter 19 - YAY WE FINALLY KILLED IGLOO WHO'S WITH ME!!!

I pretended to sleep as my mother walked past trying to find a spot. I saw her lay down five spots away.

"Go, Indigo."

Indigo let out a loud, fake snore. Instantly, two black figures lifted into the air silently. Light and Stormchaser. That was my cue. Indigo flew into the air and joined them.

I got to my feet. Stepping lightly, I made my way to Sahara. Blocking her pale scales from the view of the NightWings and RainWings, we followed the others.

"Where to now, Shine?" Asked Indigo as we flew away from the other dragons. "Um... The Kingdom of the Sea, the Bay of a Thousand Scales. He must be on an island."

Stormchaser nodded. "But why not in the Summer Palace?" He asked.

"Because Coral doesn't like IceWings freezing her ocean, and he'd be sent away." This was one of the things Indigo had told me about Coral.

We started to fly again. Light started to get tired about a day away, so we stopped for a break, and I noticed Indigo gasping for breath. "I'm sorry. I didn't notice you were so tired." I apologized."It's... fine... lets, uh, keep going." I glanced at her. Sahara shrugged. 

So we continued. An hour later we were in the Bay of a Thousand Scales, but we were still about an hour away flying from the first island. We stopped to eat, and Light found a mango tree. And then we kept going.

"Stop!" Yelled Indigo. "This is my island! I want to see my parents. I have... a bad feeling." I exchanged a worried glance with Sahara. "Let's land."

Indigo forged confidently through a pathway, between bushes and trees. She paused, and I saw purple berry juice smashed against a tree. She took that route. And then we saw the hut.

It was small and well camouflaged, but looked nice and refreshing. Until we opened the door and saw the wreckage. Icicles hung from an open cupboard. And inside was a small green and purple RainWing. She was an adult, but not big and scary. Indigo broke down when she saw her. The RainWing was frozen.

"Good, you came." Igloo stepped out of the shadows. "I have been waiting for so long." Sahara leaped forward. "Stop! He's mine!" I yelled. "Give me the earring!"

"I don't have the earring." I slashed at his throat. "Please don't kill me!" He yelled. I slashed at him again. Uncertainty bubbled in my stomach, and then went away. I managed to hit him in the throat before his claws got me.

"Search him." Suggested Light. Sahara and I checked every pocket and bag he had. We took off any jewellery he had. We checked and double checked and triple checked.

"He said he didn't have it." I suddenly realized he must have been telling the truth. He knew we'd kill him, so he gave it away. "Hurricane has it now."

"So where's Hurricane?" Stormchaser asked. Our mission was getting a lot harder, I realized.

"In the Deep Palace, where only SeaWings can go."