Chapter 24 - Hurricane

We slept there, then continued our journey. Soon enough, we could see the sparkling waters of the ocean, and Indigo guided us to the Summer Palace.

"Here," Indigo said. "You jump down and put your wings like this." She pulled her wings in, then opened them in a weird position.

Stormchaser, Light, Sahara and I tried it. I found that my wings instinctively flew straight to the position, and that it was strangely comfortable.

I jumped off the ledge and landed in the water, and the current swept me along. I could hear the splashing behind me that meant there was someone there, but I didn't know who it was.

I realized I was holding my breath. I released it and nervously inhaled. It felt just like normal breathing. I relaxed a little and found myself more confident.

Get out! Indigo thought behind me. A SeaWing swam by, and his eyes widened when he saw NightWing hybrids, a NightWing, a strange SandWing, and long lost SeaWing royalty swimming casually in a current. I swam out and waved. He jumped in a different current.

That way. Indigo thought, and pointed North. I swam north, cursing the stupid water.

About 10 minutes later, we were at the underwater palace, attracting attention. Then, without warning, Indigo grabbed a SeaWing. Her scales lit up weirdly, and the SeaWing replied the same way.

She shook her head to us. The next SeaWing knew more, apparently, because the four of us were sent swimming after her.

The jail. She thought. Indeed, when we stopped, we were staring at jail cells. We all glanced at each other, then simultaneously ran to look for Cas.

Suddenly, there was a blinding flash. I whipped around to look for where it came from, and saw Indigo, staring at a cell.

I rushed over to join her, and I was followed by Sahara and Light. Stormchaser was a bit reluctant, but he swam after us anyways.

Indigo pointed in the jail cell. I blinked, unable to really see. It was the darkest cell in the jail, and I didn't have magical SeaWing vision or whatever to see in it. Indigo sighed, as if realizing we had no idea what happened, and lit up her scales again.

I screamed and jumped backwards. There was Cascade, her throat cut open but slowly sealing, and there was Hurricane, grinning.

His scales flashed at Indigo. She growled and slipped through the bars, being small enough to do so. Hurricane blinked in surprise as she lunged, and Cascade crawled for the door. She easily slipped her claws through and used a secret code to open it.

We all tumbled in. At once, we all attacked Hurricane, but he was a better fighter than I thought.

Will I survive this? I wondered.