Chapter 11 - Oh no...

"Indigo, he's leaving." I whispered. "I've been ready all night." She replied.

We followed Igloo's thoughts around the school. "He's stopping." I informed Indigo. 

This'll work. That mindreader will never be able to stop me. Not even follow me! I enchant this stone to protect my thoughts against mindreaders. Igloo's mind said.

Oh no. No. He couldn't. It was just a dream. But suddenly, Igloo's thoughts disappeared from my mind. "Shine, what's he thinking?"

"He– I can't read his mind anymore. He enchanted something."

"Enchanted? But that means–" 

"Igloo's an animus."

"Tell me everything you heard." Indigo said.

"He thought 'This'll work. That mindreader will never be able to stop me. Not even follow me! I enchant this stone to protect my thoughts against mindreaders.'" I told her.

"How did he know we were following him?" Indigo asked. "We were quiet and kept out of sight. Do you think he enchanted something?"

"I think so. Actually, I think that he enchants a lot of things." I said. Now that I said it, it made a lot of sense. He could've enchanted something earlier to make me not able to read the part of his mind that talked about Hurricane. Then enchanted something to let him know if anyone was spying on him. And then something to tell Hurricane to come. "Wow. He is smart about animus magic. Just not in a good way." Indigo tilted her head at me. "But we can still follow him, right?

"I don't see why not. I mean, even if he knows about us, he doesn't know where we'll hide, right?" I answered.

"There. He's leaving." Indigo whispered. I walked slowly and quietly after him, motioning for Indigo to follow me. She nodded and we made our way to the door. And then we flew after him.

"So, it will start tomorrow?" Asked an unfamiliar voice. "Yes." Igloo's voice answered. "And it will kill every hybrid and NightWing."

I turned to Indigo, horrified. I was a hybrid and a NightWing. Her face reflected all of my horror, fear, and hate, but she also wore an expression of determination, like she was never going to let him kill the hybrids and the NightWings.

I wish I had determination. I wish I had a power that could actually help me in a fight. I wish I wasn't so useless.

"Hurricane, I suggest we stop talking. We have two hybrids spying on us."

"Excellent. How about we get rid of them?" 

Igloo's face widened into a wicked smile. "Of course."