Chapter 30 - Dragonet

BTW back to Shine's POV

"Hey, Indigo, where are you going?" I asked as she followed Cas somewhere. "Come on Shine, let's go meet Battlestopper and Thistle!" She cried with excitement, grabbing my talon and dragging me with her. I shrugged.

"Hey Shine." Cas greeted as we stopped in front of a NightWing. He immediately froze in surprise. "Princess Darkshine?" He asked. Oh, right, I am a princess. "Hi." I offered, and he stared at Indigo.

"Battlestopper, this is Indigo. Indigo, Shine, this is Battlestopper." Cascade introduced. I waved.

"Hi. I'm Indigo, and if I ever talk to you, can I call you, like, Bat? Or Stop? Or Le Mysterious NightWing?" Indigo asked. You can call me future husband. He thought. I realized I had accidentally stopped blocking his thoughts. He must have seen the amusement on my face. "Don't you dare tell her I thought that." He said. "I would never. Block your mind better next time." I replied in full Indigo fashion. "What did he think?" Asked Indigo curiously.

"Oh my gosh." Sahara whispered in my ear. "Even I can see him checking Indigo out."

"SandWings are apparently really good at reading emotions." I pointed out. Sahara shook her head in mock surprise. "No WAY. You just blew my MIND. I had NO IDEA. It wasn't ONE OF THE THINGS ABOUT SANDWINGS IN EVERY SCROLL."

"Actually, you're right. Thorn and Qibli are pretty good at it too." I realized.

"Hey, earth to Sahara and Shine! And Cas!" Yelled Indigo.

"What?!?" I asked, laughing. Cas turned to her. "Urgent."

Indigo shrugged. "Bye Bat." He rolled his eyes.

"Let's go meet Thistle." I suggested. Just then, Qibli stopped me. "Shine," I motioned for them to go on. Qibli continued, "A RainWing messenger is over here."

I followed Qibli down the hallway, curiosity growing with every step. We stopped by a cave, and he motioned for me to enter. I did, and saw the RainWing messenger waiting, along with Light.

"Yo." She greeted.

The RainWing grinned. "Princess Firefly has hatched."