Chapter 7 - Sunny

"Hey, Silver winglet." Sunny greeted. "So, I would like Sahara to tell us more about HiveWings."

Sahara frowned. "I can summarize them in one sentence. Evil powerful idiots who hate 'cross-contamination'."

Our winglet laughed. Sunny sighed. "Jade Mountain will not tolerate swearing." She said crossly.

"Ask Tsunami!" Alligator laughed. "She swears all the time!"

"Besides, that wasn't even a swear!" Sahara added.

"She is 20 years old! You are five!" Sunny cried.

"Six, actually." Sahara retorted.

"Well, the HiveWings sound like my cousin Hurricane. Mean. He's so mean and wants to become king of the SeaWings. And he hates me and my cousin Tornado because we're hybrids." Indigo said sadly.

"Yes, that's exactly what they're like." Sahara confirmed. "Excuse me," Sunny interrupted quietly. "Do you mind me asking: Who's son is that?"

"Fin's son. Fin is one of Queen Coral's sons."

I tuned them out. I saw Igloo, the earring in his ear, whispering something. Writing. I dropped my skyfire. Igloo's mind whispered His name is Hurricane. Yes, he lives in the Sea Kingdom! Nothing evil or interesting. Just weird. I picked the rock back up and continued listening to Sunny's conversation.

"This year we're going to see if you know how to hunt, hide from danger, and work together. It's survival skills. For example, name a type of edible leaf you can find and how to identify it, Darkshine."

"It's called Plantago Major, or plantain. They grow next to puddles and shallow water, and have a long leafless stalk rising above the plant. It has spiky clusters of tiny green flowers on it at the end of summer. It helps with swelling, I think, and is edible." I remembered my mother giving it to me once when I got a sting from a giant wasp.

"Yes, that's a good one." Sunny smiled at me nervously. "Indigo, offer us a type of edible berry."

Indigo smirked. "Nighshade." She said confidently. What? Nightshade isn't edible. And then Indigo motioned for me to keep quiet. She was up to something.

"They start out green and ripen to shiny black." She continued. "Oh, that's a really good one, Indigo!" Sunny cheered.

Sunny has no idea what she's talking about. Eating 7-9 berries would kill a full- grown adult dragon.

She wouldn't survive a day in the wilderness.