Chapter 6 - The Prey Cave

"Indigo." I said, trying to get her attention.

"Yes? OOOH DO YOU WANNA READ THIS SCROLL TOMORROW?" 

"Indigo, Igloo just–" She interrupted me. "Isn't Igloo sparkly? I HATE HIM HE INSULTED THE ACADEMY."

Oh, you'll hate him more if I ever get to tell you this.

"Fine. Whatever. Starflight!" I called him over. "We need your help. Which is worse, Tsuanmi and Sunny's eggs being stolen or you and Clay's egg being given up?"

"That's hard. Tsunami and Sunny's parents were really upset, but Clay and I didn't have anyone to love us. I think our eggs being given up is worse."

"Yes!" Light and Rose high-fived each other.

"We are the champions–" Light sang. Starflight shushed her. 

"Let's go eat, and then I'm going to sleep. I'm exhausted!" Indigo bounced to her feet. I followed her to the prey cave.

"Indigo, what do you usually eat?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. "Fruits or fish, sometimes seagulls and other waterbirds. What do you eat?" She replied. "Fruits. Occasionally we go hunting and eat a deer or a cow, but usually just fish." I told her. "I mean fruit. Usually just fruit."

"We're here!" Indigo grabbed a fish from a net of fish and popped it in her mouth. She passed me one. It was slippery, though, and I almost dropped it. I bit into it. "So." I said through a mouthful of fish. "Where do you live? I haven't seen you in the rainforest." I ate the rest of the fish. "I live on an island in the bay of one thousand scales."

Picking a mango from the pile of fruit, I asked her more questions. "Any siblings?" 

"No."

"Dead family?" 

"Other than eight aunts that died before I was born, no."

"Do you have a crush?"

"Maybe. I'm not telling you who."

"Well, let's go back to the sleeping caves. I'm tired."

"Same. Even though it's like, four."

"Oh my gosh. It's four."